Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For what it's worth .....

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Spoke to midlands based colleague today, who informed me that his nephew had been approached by the club. His nephew plays for a championship team that just missed out on promotion, I hadn't heard of him but a quick check indicates that he is a fast, attack minded winger who can play either side. He hasn't been mentioned on any thread that I can see and as he is training with his own club I would assume that nothing will come of it. However the point of this is that the player stated that Brighton have frightening amounts of cash, silly money .... According to his uncle he was shocked at the amount of money the club appear to have available.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I remember when Brighton had frightening amounts of cash, but not in a good way.

This is all a bit surreal, but I think I'm acclimatising.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Dont want to get a rep as a silly money club think TB and GP are working hard to let that stick.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dont want to get a rep as a silly money club think TB and GP are working hard to let that stick.

Got the impression that if it's what the club want then they get it, however as Murray has shown, but only for the right price

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
As much as this excites me, it also scares me a little. Adds to the speculation that Tony is worth a lot more than we necessarily know about though.

Are you allowed to say who this player is? Seeing as he probably won't be coming anyway.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Spoke to midlands based colleague today, who informed me that his nephew had been approached by the club. His nephew plays for a championship team that just missed out on promotion, I hadn't heard of him but a quick check indicates that he is a fast, attack minded winger who can play either side. He hasn't been mentioned on any thread that I can see and as he is training with his own club I would assume that nothing will come of it. However the point of this is that the player stated that Brighton have frightening amounts of cash, silly money .... According to his uncle he was shocked at the amount of money the club appear to have available.

Surely we wouldnt have approached the player without speaking to the club first? One thing we know about Poyet/Bloom is that they do things completely by the book...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone else get the feeling that Bloom may be a secret Billionaire?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Anyone else get the feeling that Bloom may be a secret Billionaire?

it's not really a secret though is it... he is extremely wealthy. extremely. he's far too classy though to start giving it the large. ostentatious no. canny and classy yes.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

How would the player know we have 'frightening amounts' of money - it's not something that usually crops up in a conversation when announcing your interest to a player, shirley?!?!

"Hi I'm 'Ken' and my club Brighton have frightening amounts of cash to throw at players like you. Interested"?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
How would the player know we have 'frightening amounts' of money - it's not something that usually crops up in a conversation when announcing your interest to a player, shirley?!?!

"Hi I'm 'Ken' and my club Brighton have frightening amounts of cash to throw at players like you. Interested"?

This

How the feck does the player know we have frightening amounts of money

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
it's not really a secret though is it... he is extremely wealthy. extremely.
You don't actually know that do you. He might have a few hundred million, he might not, but I doubt he's anywhere near loaded to the extent of the Russians, Indians and Arabs in he Prem. I have no problem with throwing a few million around to cement our standing but I hope we are not severely over spending. Look at Pompey and the hard time we gave them about lapping it up when the cash was being splashed!

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
What always strikes me as odd in the Tony Bloom "What is he worth debate?", is why some of the money wasn't given when we surely needed it over the last 5-10 years?

1. When we were all but relegated when Russell Slade somehow dragged us kicking and screaming to safety on the last day?
2. When we could have staying in the Championship?
3. When Coppell was here and would have stayed with financial support?

Tony has been (like most of us) a lifelong fan. To the best of my knowledge he has been wealthy for a while. Surely he wouldn't have missed a million quid to buy 3-4 players and guarantee clean underwear for everyone a year or so ago.

I think TB is genuinely wealthy and a real BHAFC fan and sent from heaven (if you believe in such things) and we'll never know how wealthy (nor should we). All this speculation is fun and thank goodness he has a love for the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What always strikes me as odd in the Tony Bloom "What is he worth debate?", is why some of the money wasn't given when we surely needed it over the last 5-10 years?

He has apparently been one of the men who kept us afloat during those years but probabaly had an agenda that was to provide sufficient funds so that we didnt fold but insufficient for him o take over as Chairman until the time came when he wanted to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here