Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
The biggest problem of all for your team that you've completely overlooked is......Swindon is a dump with dour appeal next to our town. So the boys coming to Sussex I'm afraid to join the gus revolution. As Swindon should know, we always win in the end. Even if you're leading after 119mins of play!!!!

???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Anyone can find a nice picture 15 mins away from a town/city.Even Luton.

The fact is Swindon it'self is a shit hole.It's such a horrible town.
Not far from Bath, which is nice. Swindon is a horrible town though, that isn't an issue.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
15 minutes from the County Ground.
ashton-keynes-river-view.jpg

Wow, a house with a moat... How will that improve his life quality? :glare:

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
I will have to defend my home town........

Swindon is the same as many other towns in the UK, it has its nice parts and it has its shit parts. Swindon unfortunately has been left high and dry over the last few years due to firstly being given the green light to redevelop the centre, knocking down loads of buildings in anticipation then the company going bust. This has left vast swathes of desolate spaces in the town centre, its truely f***ing awful.

As for not being surrounded by nice areas? are you mad? Marlborough and the downs to the south, vale of white horse to the east, cotswolds to the north and beautiful wiltshire countryside to the west. Swindon is a traditional working class town in the middle of true blueesque farm world, it gets the shitty end of the stick far more than it deserves.

But that aside bugger off :)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hello gents, Swindon fan here...

The main cause of our upset here is simply this - we plan on keeping Greer, and it never occured to us that we might not!

We may have lost billy, but to be honest, the fans expected that, and weren't overly gutted. We consider him a good player at our level, but not Championship material (only scored 12 goals last season, and 10 the season before) and certainly replacable.

Conversely though, Greer has been great for us. The season before Greer came, our defense was a shambles. He adds captaincy and leads the team. I would consider him part of the "spine" of our team. We sorely missed him at Wembley. It was his own fault he wasn't there, and hopefully he will learn from that.

Simply put - it makes no sense to sell him, and especially not to a team in the same league as us!

Finally, as for our financial situation and stadium, redevelopment is planned from possibly as early as next year, and our new board is actually loaded just in case you didnt know!! They just run the club like a proper business, as it should be! We have no debts, no CVA payments any more etc, and are definitely a club on the up, on and off the pitch.
Did your fans actually sing at the play off final?.all i heard was millwall on the box.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
No not really, we were f***ing awful, we made more noise at the valley than at wembley. thats what happens when 15,000 extra fans appear from nowhere.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ninja is a Swindon fan do dah do dah..

I f***ing hate Swindon fans by the way, arrogant pricks. Small club. Small ambitions.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why do Swindon fans seem to hate us so much?
Just because we beat them in the play-offs?
I don't hate anyone just because of one result :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here