Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus slagging off Lawro...

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Quote Of The Day
"'I didn't know he was so quick', 'I didn't know he could play on his own up front' - you didn't know too many things. If you are a commentator you should know. If not, you [should not be] on TV. I would accept someone saying you didn't know a player from Liechtenstein. But Mackail-Smith? Come on. It's Scotland, we're not talking about a team from the middle of Asia" - We liked Gus Poyet before this appraisal of Mark Lawrenson and the other BBC pundits, but we bloody love him now.

The Page That For One Welcomes Our New Ant Overlords | Football365 | Mediawatch

Gus pointing out the obvious in his unique way. Still don't know how that useless twat Lawrenson gets a job commentating on BBC.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You get the feeling that Lawrenson just watches football he is paid to watch or the freebies he picks up. He is a boring drone. I do sometimes wonder how these guys get the gigs they do. There must be far more interesting, jolly and insightful potential pundits out there.

Edit: That's a good page. Thanks for sharing.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You wonder what Gus would have made of Alan Shearer's World Cup contribution last year.

"We don't know much about Honduras..."

Well, no, that's because despite being paid tens of thousands of pounds for four weeks you've been on the golf course with Lineker rather than doing any homework.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
You wonder what Gus would have made of Alan Shearer's World Cup contribution last year.

Well, no, that's because despite being paid tens of thousands of pounds for four weeks you've been on the golf course with Lineker rather than doing any homework.

This. Lawrenson is a f***ing idiot, someone for whom life revolves around the Premier League. Andy Gray is another one. Whenever he is required to talk about anything other than Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, he turns into a stumbling, stuttering incoherent buffoon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It has to be said, your observations are often f***ing excellent. :lolol:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Quote Of The Day
"'I didn't know he was so quick', 'I didn't know he could play on his own up front' - you didn't know too many things. If you are a commentator you should know. If not, you [should not be] on TV. I would accept someone saying you didn't know a player from Liechtenstein. But Mackail-Smith? Come on. It's Scotland, we're not talking about a team from the middle of Asia" - We liked Gus Poyet before this appraisal of Mark Lawrenson and the other BBC pundits, but we bloody love him now.

The Page That For One Welcomes Our New Ant Overlords | Football365 | Mediawatch

Gus pointing out the obvious in his unique way. Still don't know how that useless twat Lawrenson gets a job commentating on BBC.

thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here