Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you given up on this season?

Have you given up on the season?

• Total voters

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I voted other because I do think we’ll get more points this season but I have kind of given up, as I don’t see us moving much higher in the league.

I think I’m in the minority maybe that I’m not that disappointed with how it’s gone, we had a good showing in Europe and midtable mediocrity Is ok for me in the league given the extra games and injuries we had. Plenty to build on for next season, even if this one has fizzled out a bit.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
If we were bottom with no mathematical way to avoid relegation I’d still be going to the matches

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ages ago.

There was a thread a while back where folk predicted a high last x games points haul, some seriously thought we’d upset the title race :lolol: .

Roma away wasn’t a turning point. We’ve stunk the PL out on and off all calendar year eg giving tiny Luton their greatest PL outing. Our centre midfield and fullbacks this season aren’t fit for purpose, Hinshelwood the exception.

May 16, 2023
However unlikely it feels at the moment we can win 3 of the last five if we get get the right team on the pitch and they play properly. Chelsea and United are absolutely gash, lets remember. 3 at the back please RDZ, Bart in goal for all 5, Barco and Offiah as the WBs and Pedro through the middle. What have we got to lose ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm now confused as to how people are interpreting the options. I don't really expect us to pick up any more points (any we do will be a pleasant surprise), certainly nothing left to play for (we have survival, we won't get europe). So there's nothing left at stake so in that sense, I have given up on the season.

But if winning something at the end of the season was why I went to watch football, well, I would never have become a Brighton fan. Of course I'm still going to the (home) games (I never go to away games).

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
RDZ has an almost unique opportunity to give some of the fringe youngsters some decent game time - Barco, O’Mahony, Offiah, Duffus, Baker-Boaity, etc.

Will be interesting to see if he does. Except for probably Barco and possibly Offiah, I’d imagine it will be via the subs bench, but hopefully these guys get a chance to show whether they are ready.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
How about "no, have doubts we'll get any more points"? I only saw 1 league game last season thanks to long COVID so I'm grateful to be seeing any football and despite an 8 hour round trip I'm still hopeful of making the final 3 home games. Points in any of those games would be wonderful. And I refuse to be disappointed if we finish 13th in the Premier League (though obviously I will be well p***ed off if we finish below Palace).

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I voted other because I do think we’ll get more points this season but I have kind of given up, as I don’t see us moving much higher in the league.

I think I’m in the minority maybe that I’m not that disappointed with how it’s gone, we had a good showing in Europe and midtable mediocrity Is ok for me in the league given the extra games and injuries we had. Plenty to build on for next season, even if this one has fizzled out a bit.
If I'd bothered to expand on my post above this is pretty.much exactly what I'd have written 😬

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here