Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you given up on this season?

Have you given up on the season?

• Total voters

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Nah, a few more points but no chance to catch a European spot. Can’t be too disappointed considering the injuries this season. I firmly believe that if we hadn’t continued to pick up multiple injuries at the same positions throughout the season, it would have ended very differently.

Now I can focus on which ale to choose and getting the cheese tray just right for the remaining games, enjoy the banter with friends supporting other teams (I seem to be the only seagull in Vilnius), and most importantly save up for the next trip to the Amex early next season.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Why all the farty pseudo-clever options, with unnecessary caveats? Just yes or no would suffice.

Yes.
Yes I've given up on the season . . . It is what it is etc

No . . I'm not dissapointed.

Did anyone really think we were going to win everything?

We Must not lose at home to Chelsea, or MAnure. I will be seriously pissed off . . . . . Nothing to do with league position, or points . . .just pride and respect . . .for us, the players themselves, and the club as a whole . . . .

I gave up on us having a top 12 finish as soon as Mitoma was injured. This is not giving up on the team, I tried to get BMuff tickets but lost out because of the usual nonsense delaying you getting into the site and I’ll be at every home game supporting the team 100%. But we didn’t have a deep enough squad to cope with the rigours of the season and that’s not down to De Zerbi but the board and their record profits deciding not to strengthen in January when we desperately needed it

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Going through the motions more than giving up. Hopefully our form will turn around but I feel the real positives are going to be seen in the summer.

However unlikely it feels at the moment we can win 3 of the last five if we get get the right team on the pitch and they play properly. Chelsea and United are absolutely gash, lets remember. 3 at the back please RDZ, Bart in goal for all 5, Barco and Offiah as the WBs and Pedro through the middle. What have we got to lose ?
I like the Chelsea and United are gash bit but so are we at present🙈

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
Not given up. I’d like to see our players put in performances worthy of top 10 and out of reach of Palace. Then I’ll give up on the season.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Why all the farty pseudo-clever options, with unnecessary caveats? Just yes or no would suffice.

Yes.

Because my views in life are not always black or white. You are a bit of a grumpy one aren’t you? :smile:

Jan 9, 2022
The season ended in that week we lost to Wolves in the FA Cup and got truly humbled by Roma.

I haven't had many cares since, and clearly neither have the players

el punal

Are you in the no more points camp or do you think with the pressure off we can spring surprises?

Or are you on the beach and have no more interest (glory hunter)
After the Man City game I felt that I just wanted the season to end. I always try to be positive following the Albion but the team have been so ravaged by injuries that it’s had a huge impact on our style of play and performance. It will be an absolute miracle if we were now to qualify for Europe. As that is not going to happen I would love to see RDZ select some of our U/21 development players for the remaining fixtures. Barco and, Offiah and O’Mahony, on against City showed that spark of enthusiasm (albeit late in the game) that seems to be lacking recently.

Realistically though I would imagine the plan is to grind out the remaining games and have a complete reset in the summer with all our injured players returning to full fitness and the addition of new signings to strengthen the squad (I hope!)

P.S. I’m not on the beach and I’m not a glory hunter! :drink:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The season ended in that week we lost to Wolves in the FA Cup and got truly humbled by Roma.

I haven't had many cares since, and clearly neither have the players
I think that’s pretty harsh on the players, I see them trying but they are being forced to play a system that most currently don’t have the quality or experience to do at the level required in the PL. It reminds me of Sami Hyypia’s tactics of playing with slow old full backs on the halfway line who didn’t have the pace to get back when the opposition broke. Nothing wrong with his or RDZ’s tactics as long as you have the players to pull it off. Currently we don’t and the pig headness to refuse to adjust the tactics is worrying. Is RDZ the one trick pony he is starting to appear to be?

Has to be said our form is pretty Hyypiaenesque at the moment

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Season is over but it would be good to finish the season on a little high by getting some wins. I don't really like the idea of carrying terrible form into next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kinda, yes.

The ongoing injury crisis is both utterly tedious and ridiculous in equal measure.

It should feel exciting to have Villa, Chelsea and United visiting the Amex over the next few weeks - all three fixtures come with some needle and panto-villain fun, but with so many players missing I just can't see how the games will be as they should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here