Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ahhh okey dokey, l thought maybe the poster was suggesting she may be interred there. Far too long a thread now to have to wade through every page.

St Paul’s cathedral. Westminster Abbey. The coronation will be at Westminster Abbey.
The Queen will be interred at Windsor in St George’s Chapel alongside her mother, father and husband.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
https://youtu.be/c_mnnxAtkqQ

The first time I've taken Boris seriously, great speech

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

There is no doubt he can deliver a fine speech, but this is the individual that sent Jacob Rees-Mogg to Balmoral to mislead her about the unlawful proroguing of her Parliament.

This will be never be forgiven

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He was visibly welling up when he spoke of her final journey with angels.

Sent us two here into a tear or two.

Just the very human vulnerability.

Equally.

Amongst the finest addresses ever made too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am relieved and glad to see that this is all being handled with a quiet dignity. It would have been inappropriate to have a national outpouring of histrionic grief, a la Diana.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I am relieved and glad to see that this is all being handled with a quiet dignity. It would have been inappropriate to have a national outpouring of histrionic grief, a la Diana.

Obviously different circumstances. A young attractive and at the time the most photographed person in the world, killed in a sudden tragic car accident, compared to a lady who lived a long life and standard of living that most of us would be satisfied with.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Obviously different circumstances. A young attractive and at the time the most photographed person in the world, killed in a sudden tragic car accident, compared to a lady who lived a long life and standard of living that most of us would be satisfied with.

Agreed. I was thinking it may go a different way with how people are these days. I'm not on any social media but so far nobody seems to be losing their minds.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t mind how individual people choose to mourn the Queen’s passing, or perhaps be indifferent. Their choice.

Personally I love the love shown by many Brits and foreign visitors, fantastic words from Starmer that “we’re a great country” and heartfelt warmth from Macron and Trudeau.

Plus a welcome break from a noisy minority in this country and overseas who thrive on binary everything and hate.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Her Majesty's funeral will be a Bank Holiday.

They've declared so in Scotland (which applies to my job in Scotland although I'm based at home in England) but I'm not sure about elsewhere. So it's everywhere now ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I must admit I keep swaying from being emotional to thinking its all such a weird tradition..

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I must admit I keep swaying from being emotional to thinking its all such a weird tradition..

From what I’ve seen of todays events Which we haven’t seen for 70 years it’s confirmed in my mind how some of this pomp abd ceremony isn’t really fitting with modern day Britain and just looks weird.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Her Majesty's funeral will be a Bank Holiday.
Confirmation Mon 19th. A forced bank holiday only a week away makes it very difficult for lots of businesses and the NHS. And I really feel for those who are going to have operations cancelled after waiting for maybe 2 years and might have to wait another goodness knows how long

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Confirmation Mon 19th. A forced bank holiday only a week away makes it very difficult for lots of businesses and the NHS. And I really feel for those who are going to have operations cancelled after waiting for maybe 2 years and might have to wait another goodness knows how long

You really are a bundle of fun.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
From what I’ve seen of todays events Which we haven’t seen for 70 years it’s confirmed in my mind how some of this pomp abd ceremony isn’t really fitting with modern day Britain and just looks weird.

True. Looks like a piece of theatre.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
God save our queen or king? I hope he/she takes the same interest in us peasants as well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
FcPE3GtXgAMsf0l.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here