Here's Why Beasant Was Pissed Off

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Knight can't be paying Coppell so much more that it doesn't leave anything after the half dozen mentioned have been taken into account.

Coppell must have his eye on other players. He's surely just keeping his powder dry, keeping enough of whatever budget he's got back to get others in. For that reason he'll of course try to get Beasant to stay on for as little as possible - it settles the problem of a second 'keeper, without ruining his chances of looking at anyone else.

I agree that, if true, £500 p/w is little for a player of Beasant's stature. But he's got to realise that, at 44, eventually he'll have no more clubs left to turn to. He can't go on for ever - this may be the season that the offers dry up. He's got a year's guaranteed involvement (I suspect only Bob is guaranteed first team football) in the full time league on offer. Given the buyers' market the clubs operate in at the moment, he's got a straightforward choice - take it or leave it. Getting the knock about it is pointless.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If he is really pissed off about the offer - why doesn't he look for a career with better prospects

Chimney sweep ? :)

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
_755086_beasant300.jpg

Big Daves finest hour !!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That was probably the last FA Cup Final that I got excited about. The Premiership, The Champions League and squad sizes of 50 have been the death of it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am matey with someone at Bury and some of their first teamers are on £200 a week!

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
If you think Newhouse on £700 a week is bad I heard Jamie "the tart" Moralee was on £1,500 a week when he was here.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I earn 26k a year and i have no brain:lolol: :lolol:
Must admit that dave is worth a bit more and i reckon an extra £10 a week should keep him happy.:bounce:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Christ butters was on that what a joke and hinsh got himself a 3 year deal which will feel forever no doubt.
Wonder if hinsh still gets the same money as when he was manager mmmm,but i doubt it.:nono: :jester: :nono:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think that Butters only has a year left. Would not be suprised to see the Albion paying him off at some point. Although the fact that they were not willing to Lee makes you wonder what sort of contract Taylor put him on. To be honest if Knight keeps the wages under control that will be no bad thing bearing in mind the damage a couple of our former managers (in the loosest sense of the word) have done. Average players at best on fairly large deals.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bobby is on 4 grand
Cullip on about 3 a week

I can just about see why DB wants more than 500???

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i wonder how much Lee is on now you mention it
Cullip on less than Butters, what an outrage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports