Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm off to watch Terry Connor play this weekend

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
...at Molineux in a testimonial for former Wolves keeper Matt Murray. I'm looking forward to seeing one of our 1980's players in action, even if he is an old codger these days.

Was TC really as good as my Dad tells me?

connor3_small.jpg

mccarthy595pa.jpg

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He was amazing. Never stopped chasing lost causes & really smashing guy as well.
One of my all-time Albion favourites.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well he played and scored for England U21s at home to Yugoslavia so was clearly decent.

Anyone remember that overhead kick he scored in the 1984 FA Cup round 3 match at home to Swansea? :love: :love: :love: :love:

(or the diving headed own goal at Norwich :( )

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Took some time to get into his stride, but a cracking all round player , big hearted, fast, always gave his best. Shame he was cup tied in 1983 for the cup run. I wonder if the supporters club will be running a special minibus to watch the match he is appearing in?

---
I am here: Google Maps

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Matt Murray only played about 100 times for Wolves & he was there since he was a kid that is an injury plagued player alright..... Did alright to get a testamonial.
I remember he was in goal for the England U21's when Lord, President, Sir Bobby Zamora got his call up. I went to watch the game at Reading FC in my Brighton shirt & Bob didn't even come on!! I was a bit P'd off!!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes, he waas quality, and as fans we took to him because of his never-say-die attitude. Always ran his socks off. (Bit like CMS in that respect.)

As El Pres says, shame he was cup tied in 83.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Diving header in front of us to win 2-3 away at Hull in the Cup, one of the all time memorable goals ever, can still see it now. First 30 mins, I swear Hull didn't touch the ball, most we've ever dominated to go 2 up, Hull comeback 2-2 twas looking bad, then Terry's sensational header. Magic

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A proper striker, quick, skillful, strong, direct, tricky and could be relied on for goals. Very good player.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
the goal he scored against liverpool in the fa cup was awesome

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Diving header in front of us to win 2-3 away at Hull in the Cup, one of the all time memorable goals ever, can still see it now. First 30 mins, I swear Hull didn't touch the ball, most we've ever dominated to go 2 up, Hull comeback 2-2 twas looking bad, then Terry's sensational header. Magic

Coldest. Day. Ever.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Worked his nuts off every time he played but was for the whole a very ordinary finisher. Very quick off the mark and was a hard player to dislike all in all.
Stats say 1 in 3 for us so not bad I suppose. Seemed to miss hatfulls of chance from what I can remember though.

D

Deleted User X18H

I remember the great reception he got from the south stand as he walked across the Withdean pitch he looked genuinely suprised he was so fondly remembered. We then thrashed Wolves 4-1 (I think that was the game)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Took some time to get into his stride, but a cracking all round player , big hearted, fast, always gave his best. Shame he was cup tied in 1983 for the cup run. I wonder if the supporters club will be running a special minibus to watch the match he is appearing in?

---
I am here: Google Maps
Yes, yes, ok, I think most of us have gathered from your insinuations over the years that there was some sort of sexual contact between Terry Connor and Sarah Watts and/or Liz Costa. Jeez. You allude to it every time one of those three names crop up on here. Give it a rest, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here