Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this correct?

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Definately not match worn as the shirt was from 2006-7 and Kazim-Richards left after the first game, which he didnt play in (Rotherham away i seem to remember)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Definately not match worn as the shirt was from 2006-7 and Kazim-Richards left after the first game, which he didnt play in (Rotherham away i seem to remember)

How do we define match worn ? Did CKR play in any pre season friendlies before he left (I don't think he did) ? Was a Brighton fan wearing this shirt to home/away games in the 2006/07 season ?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
For sale is a match worn/prepared Brighton away shirt from Turkish international Colin Kazim-Richards, worn during the 2005-06 campaign. I have been informed that Kazim-Richards left Brighton before he had chance to wear this top. As a result, I have knocked £20 off the price and amended the title to a match worn prepared shirt.

still doesn't explain the XXL size shirt, KCR is definitely NOT an XXL, even if those shirts were slightly smaller than the traditional sizing

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i sent him a message and heres the reply
Hi Steve, thanks for the information. I have amended the listing to state that it is match worn prepared, and relayed what you said in the description.
I'll hopefully be off to watch Brighton on Wednesday. I'd like to say to see my team knock you out of the cup... but I don't think that's going to happen.
Cheers,
Dave

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
CKR left the club directly after the ressies match v Palace at Worthing, so I guess there is every chance the shirts were prepared ready for the season. Pre season shirts didn't/don't have official league numbers, players names or Coca Cola patches, they only have the plain number, normally in blue or white, so there is no way he ever wore this shirt in a match.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I thought he got hauled off at half time in a reserve match (possibly vs Palace) and was informed that he had been sold to Sheffield United.

it was at Woodside Road, he came out of the changing rooms after the game (he had been subbed before the end of the game), we were talking to Dick Knight by the touchline, CKR walked past, said somthing like seeya boss, shook his hand and walked out of the ground. Next day the news broke that he had been sold.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just tracked down where I got that snippet from...

The (2006/2007) season began in bizarre circumstances. I fell out with Mark McGhee, the Brighton manager at the time and decided two days before the opening game of the season at Rotherham to hand in a transfer request. I was told that I would not be allowed to play for the first team or reserves unless I withdrew my request. From the opening day of that season I only got to play in one further game, in the reserves against Crystal Palace on the 30th of August. Events that evening took an unexpected twist. I love playing football and was enjoying myself and thought I was playing well, when I was substituted 10 minutes into the second half. Dick Knight the chairman of Brighton at the time followed me into the dressing room and said "goodbye and good luck Colin, I've just sold you to Sheffield UTD". I then signed for English Premiership club Sheffield United on transfer deadline day August 31st 2006.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Who was the player who was brought on at Rotherham, and then subbed back off and hand wrote a request which was handed to McGhee at the final whistle? Thought that was CK-R? If I remember correctly we only sold him on transfer deadline day.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I guess the old memory banks are fading, error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error error perhaps my mind is going, I stand corrected (and a bit old and confused)

I know we sold BZ the day after the friendly at Arundel, but BZ wasn't playing anyway, and I think we all knew he was on his way. Wardy was at that game too, I got them both to sign my shirt either side of the badge.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I wouldn't trust CKR anyway to get the facts right. A player doesn't just get sold like that. Presumably he had been in touch with Sheffield United to sort out some sort of contract with plentiful supplies of ego polish and image rights.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Oh dear, I have now recalled this, it was a reserves game, v Palace, at Woodside road, I am dim, I am sorry. It was on 31 August, reserves match, not the preseason friendly.

That shirt may well have been prepared for him, but as already discussed, he didn't play for us at any away games that season (where we used an alternative kit), and if he had played an away reserves game, then it would not have had Cocal Cola patches, or his name above the number.

Sorry for getting confused, it's my age you know, and the cold weather.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oh dear, I have now recalled this, it was a reserves game, v Palace, at Woodside road, I am dim, I am sorry. It was on 31 August, reserves match, not the preseason friendly.

That shirt may well have been prepared for him, but as already discussed, he didn't play for us at any away games that season (where we used an alternative kit), and if he had played an away reserves game, then it would not have had Cocal Cola patches, or his name above the number.

Sorry for getting confused, it's my age you know, and the cold weather.

I think Mr Taylor has called it spot on. CKR was subbed on and subbed off vs Rotherham - first game of the season.

Result between Rotherham & Brighton on 2006-08-05 | soccerbase.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here