Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

La La La Rougier

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Spoke to a mate whos a Brentford season ticket holder yesterday. La Rouge has signed for them for three months having been released by Reading. Apparently looks quite useful (although playing in a crap side) but still has an Emile Heskey tendency to fall over a little too easily!!. Personally I think he and Leon could be a good combination up front - and if Brentford can afford him we certainly can.

Do we want him?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We've done this before...Rougier is as much of a professional footballer as Maggie Thatcher is human.

Last edited:

I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
We've done this before...Rougier is as much of a professional footballer as Maggie Thatcher is human.

Aren't you being a bit unfair on a player whose goals so nearly kept you up last season? He was only on loan to Brighton for a month, but he still put more effort in than most of your contracted players! (e.g., Zamora and Kitson, who clearly didn't give a toss about their team's relegation battle, just spent their time trying to get a complete 'set' of sporting "injuries" during the season).

Fair enough, you may not rate the guy (and after several la-la-la years at Reading I'm STILL not sure either). But don't you think a bit of gratitude is due for what he did for YOUR team?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whitley has a valid point. La La gave us hope when we needed it and if wanna be a Hammer Pardew (tosser) hadn't recalled him, who knows what would have happened?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
There's a bit of a dichotomy of opinion about the man on here, Whit. I think the rendition of 'La la la Rougier' during the game at the Mad Stad last season was evidence of his popularity, and people are being v.harsh on a bloke who, although limited (and of no use to us now), gave his all and helped win points that nearly kept us up.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I agree with whitley which will be the last!
Rouge gave it all and you can't take that away from him and to be honest i would rather have rouge than henderson anyday.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Herne Hill Seagull said:
There's a bit of a dichotomy of opinion about the man on here, ....

True, some think he's rubbish and some think he's complete rubbish.

I know, I know, Ipswich. Keen. Tried Hard. Committed.

Last edited:

i actually think he will be useful in the second, which is probably his level, he is strong, does has good timing to get into an area, can hold the ball up, beats up defenders, a foil for shining light

LC1:angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
WhitleyDennis said:
Aren't you being a bit unfair on a player whose goals so nearly kept you up last season? He was only on loan to Brighton for a month, but he still put more effort in than most of your contracted players! (e.g., Zamora and Kitson, who clearly didn't give a toss about their team's relegation battle, just spent their time trying to get a complete 'set' of sporting "injuries" during the season).

Fair enough, you may not rate the guy (and after several la-la-la years at Reading I'm STILL not sure either). But don't you think a bit of gratitude is due for what he did for YOUR team?

I don't know what to say....for one flukey goal and a load of 'headless chicken running about' we're supposed to be eternally grateful to a player your lot couldn't wait to get rid of?

We appreciated his efforts but that still don't make him anything like a good player!

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Well i must have been the only one who loved the guy! Would have been great in Div 2 with Leon Knight, Knight, Knight! Top bloke! LA LA LA ROOUGIER!
:clap:

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
would also like to see him back in the team. would be a nice reserve to have for gary hart when he's knackered out in 70th minute! also could bring him on to help attack in those situations. i thought he did ok for the albion!!
:clap: :clap:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
LA LA LA ran his bollox off 4 us. Yea he hasnt the class of some, but gave a shit when alot around him had already given up/couldnt be arsed, so good on him!!!! And that chant at Reading was class!!!:lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fluffster said:
Well i must have been the only one who loved the guy! Would have been great in Div 2 with Leon Knight, Knight, Knight! Top bloke! LA LA LA ROOUGIER!
:clap:

No you're not the only one

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i wanted him back with albion- now i just feel stupid !

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We should never have let him sign for Brentford.

:(

It seems like fans of every club Rougier has played for are split on his ability / lack of. I remember Port Vale and Hibernian fans holding radically opposing views about ol' La-La when he signed for Reading 3 years ago (dunno about Raith Rovers tho'). At times, usually when coming on with 15-20 minutes to go, he looks fast and skilfull, going past players with ease (or more often the same player 3 times). Other times he can't seem to stay on his feet for more than a few seconds and generally gives a convincing impression of a clumsy uncoordinated lump.

Still, I like him because he ALWAYS gives 100% and tried his hardest to make things happen for his team, whatever the circumstances. He even sacrificed his international career for Reading. An international call-up for Trinidad & Tobago's World Cup qualifiers coincided with Rouge's best chance of an extended run in Reading's starting lineup. Rougier, bless 'im, chose the Biscuitmen!

I hope things go well for him at Brentford. He has more than enough skill for Division 2 and he deserves to succeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here