DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh and if you are going, make sure you see a bit of the Shit Robot dj set

[yt]DeJ3hSWp5RA[/yt]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah brilliant cheers. Although I'm having trouble finding anyone to go with! The only one of my friends who has even heard of either bands isn't overly keen on spending £30 when we have already spent £20 on MIA the night before.

I may have to see if my Dad fancies going :down:

Personally, I'm hitched but I've got some single mates. If you forward me your photo I'll see what I can do.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How did you find Foals? They are clearly brilliant live but again I thought the Dome sound wasn't loud enough. And it was way too light. They need to get the lights lower to create more of an atmosphere in there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How did you find Foals? They are clearly brilliant live but again I thought the Dome sound wasn't loud enough. And it was way too light. They need to get the lights lower to create more of an atmosphere in there.

I though they were great. Did you see the rather odd review in the Argus? Where did the shoe-gaze come into their performance/music? Did I miss something? Cassius a "Indie-electro stomper?" Angular poppy math-rock maybe, indie-electro stomper no.

As for the venue, I have similar thoughts. It's not really suited to the music I like. My main gripe is that its an odd shape (i.e. round and does not have a natural focal point) and very tall and wherever I stand or sit I always feel exposed and have a sense of being in a big space...and therefore detached from the performance. To me, the light and sound issues you mention tie into this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, and whilst LCD were mighty fine and played a very different set to the one I saw a couple of months ago....I have to hand it to Hot Chip who put in one of the best performances I've seen in a long long time. Pure bliss...with added bubbles.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Having seen Hot Chip and LCD both this year I'd have to agree. Hot Chip are an incredible band.

Just read that review, it's by an NSC'er....

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I ended up not bothering with Hot Chip & LCD, I spent far too much money in Brixton after MIA and simply couldn't afford to do it all over again yesterday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just read that review, it's by an NSC'er....

Really? Oh dear, I've put my foot in it. Maybe he can justify some of his observations?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

braintree

Jan 12, 2010
I love both bands and saw them both @ Alexandra Palace on Weds night. I thought Hot Chip edged it for me - they were brilliant despite being on first. Loved the way they mixed the songs in to keep the tempo up, not the standard song-applause-song-applause. I also like the way they vary the version of the song live, which differs in itself per tour.

Only small downside on the joint gig setup is they did slightly shorter sets each (1hr 15 mins ish).

If you are a fan of either band you'll really like the Shit Robot album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love both bands and saw them both @ Alexandra Palace on Weds night. I thought Hot Chip edged it for me - they were brilliant despite being on first. Loved the way they mixed the songs in to keep the tempo up, not the standard song-applause-song-applause. I also like the way they vary the version of the song live, which differs in itself per tour.

Only small downside on the joint gig setup is they did slightly shorter sets each (1hr 15 mins ish).

If you are a fan of either band you'll really like the Shit Robot album.

I was at the same gig and totally concur with you comments about HC. The version of Over and Over was sublime. They performed the same arrangement of this song at Glastonbury, but on Wednesday they beefed it up with guitar chords. I love the way they just repeat the verse and drop the chorus when they feel like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here