Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
He seems/seemed perfectly happy to dish out abuse when it suited him.

I propose that he buggers off and gives up trying to be a footballer. Take up crime full time and enjoy his short and extended stays, detained at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

You are not a very nice human being judging by your tone so perhaps you should look a bit harder at your own self instead of dishing out vitriol against anyone else whether this is a wind up thread or not.

Many of the things supposedly so bad about his character are actually just very normal. You give me an example of someone who hasn't said / done things in the heat of the moment & I will show you a saint.

Jimmy Grimble

Another thing I don't get, why after this has Knight suddenly become our answer to the 25-goal a season man we need?

He has done NOTHING since that season with us to suggest he's capable of being the player to do it. What is it? His last eight clubs he's failed at and made a prick of himself?

I'm amazed how many people think he'd be good enough for us next season.

In fact, no I'm not, NSC is full of fickle idiots :thumbsup:

shoreham on tour

Jun 18, 2010
not professional but hey we all make mistakes and ive made my fair share[/QUOTE]

Do you agree that joining Sheffield Wednesday was a mistake?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Spanish Seagulls said:
You are not a very nice human being judging by your tone so perhaps you should look a bit harder at your own self instead of dishing out vitriol against anyone else whether this is a wind up thread or not.

Many of the things supposedly so bad about his character are actually just very normal. You give me an example of someone who hasn't said / done things in the heat of the moment & I will show you a saint.

Thanks, Sigmund.

We've never met and I dare say we are unlikely to meet, other than passing souls in Withdean or Falmer, so I'm happy to let you judge me and retain your ideal that I am not a very nice human being from the post you quoted on this thread.

I'm looking at myself and I would be horrified if I acted the way Leon Knight has acted over the past 5 years or more and I'm not just talking about spouting off after he was finally chopped off our wage bill. Interesting that I am a poor excuse for a human being, but you fail to criticise Leon for his outlandish behaviour, lack of respect, laziness, lack of decency to him employer and so on and so forth.

Oh well.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Serious question, Would you have him back? Leon would you come back? Without being blinded by the success of 'that' season I would say... Yes.

That is ridiculous. 'Without being blinded by the success of 'that' season', you would still take back a man who hasn't scored in a competitive football match since 2008, and has infact scored LESS goals since he left us than he actually did in 'that' season?

Anyone who thinks Leon f***ing Knight is the answer needs their head checked.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Another thing I don't get, why after this has Knight suddenly become our answer to the 25-goal a season man we need?

He has done NOTHING since that season with us to suggest he's capable of being the player to do it. What is it? His last eight clubs he's failed at and made a prick of himself?

I'm amazed how many people think he'd be good enough for us next season.

In fact, no I'm not, NSC is full of fickle idiots :thumbsup:
He was BRILLIANT at Swansea until he f***ed it up in record time. :lolol:

I'm with BoF. Every single club he has been with, he's had problems with to the point that he's been sacked, released, kicked off buses, banned from the ground etc etc.

13 clubs and he's still only 27 years old. That's some record.

At what point does it become acceptable to think the problem might lie with poor little misunderstood Leon?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
31lYnMDvE2L._SL500_AA256_.jpg

A lot of you will need one these.

Jimmy Grimble

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Leon what has made you after all this time post a comment on here ? i gotta say i was gutted that you left, i really believe you could have gone to the top, and im not joking, you seemed to have it all, the pace, confidence and knack of knowing where the goal is.
But why do you feel that in League one you was properly best player in the league but the Championship you just seemed out of your league, why did you seem to change so much as a player, i know different speed and quality but your whole attitude seemed different, no confidence when had a chance.
Gotta say a very sad story as i believe you could have become a all time favourite at Brighton and maybe your now seeing the potential of Brighton as a club, have good fan base and only get bigger when go to Falmer, also when travelling people know of brighton as now i saw got voted number 1 holiday destination in the uk.
i was though very angry by comments you made about club and us as fans, unfortuntely whats done is done and cannot be undone really, but i respect that you come on here and trying which shows you do maybe care for the club.
I remember i was in Australia when you got that penalty to win the playoff final i was listening to it on the radio at like 4am.
Goodluck and i mean that just a real shame you didnt stay with us and bang them goals in for years on end.

sammy g

I want this thread to be genuine,but sadly I suspect not. Lots of fun reading it though.
I remember the coach pulling into the Millennium Stadium and fans surrounding it shouting at LK. He just turned his head away in that arrogant way that only a lower league striker with far too much a sense of his own importance could!

Last edited:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Sad. IF this is Leon he is clearly so washed up and unloved in the game the best he can do to satisfy his ego is to google himself and then claim to be an avid NSC reader. This all helps him relive the distant memory of his one good season in football. I'd still love him to come back - but only to see Chippy and Charlie and explain those comments when he left.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It may or may not be him but that doesn't hide the fact that although he was pretty good League One player he was found out in the Championship. Too slow, too small and not enough fire in the belly on the pitch. He couldn't do it for us and he couldn't do it for Barnsley, did anyone else bother to give him a crack?

Can't believe the arselicking on this thread. He started brilliantly and gradually deteriorated. Plenty chose to blame McGhee, some still do but history sort of repeated itself at Swansea where he was great for a while and then f***ed up and so it went on. Anyone with a brain should now be able to see Leon was the reason for his downfall not McGhee or the Albion.

Sort yourself out Leon, there is possibly still a good League 1 player in there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If it really is Leon Knight then it is the best thing that has EVER happened. :lol:

Hilarious to see most of the hate and bile that comes up whenever his name is mentioned replaced with shameless arse licking.
Spot on. The bloke was a complete bellend, yet reading some of the posts on this thread, you'd think this bloke was in fact Peter Ward.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Spot on. The bloke was a complete bellend, yet reading some of the posts on this thread, you'd think this bloke was in fact Peter Ward.

For those on here too young to remember Peter Ward, for a season LK was pure gold for us.

Irrespective of what people think of him as a person, and how he burnt his bridges with the club and the fans, he was class for us during 2004 (?) and scored some great goals and provided some great times, not least Cardiff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here