Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
One of the best moments in my life, ever: LK scoring the pen at Cardiff.

I was annoyed by his comments after leaving us, but in the cold light of day, understand and forgive them. Good on him for coming on here to say his piece.

Thanks Leon, and good luck mate.

(Could do a job?!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For anyone that cares: I'm very much less than convinced that this is the real Leon Knight.

As you were.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Leon,

A story I heard from someone who I believe knows you and your dad, told me that there have been times when you've found the dressing room uncomfortable. You've been brought up a certain way, respecting people, respecting women, and expecting to be spoken to in a certain way. The banter of the dressing room, bragging about exploits from the previous night is not something you were comfortable joining in with. But, by not joining in, you sometimes cut yourself off from the rest, or seemed to be creating a divide, when that wasn't really the case.

Likewise some of the old school approaches of managers towards you, in the way they spoke to you, would rub you up the wrong way because you don't expect to be spoken to in that way.

Any truth in all of that, and if so, is that something that you've subsequently been able to deal with better, or is that just a personality clash that will always happen in a dressing room.

Regards.
For what it's worth, I absolutely LOVED your time at the Albion, although some of the theatrical diving did my head in at times. Just a shame it all ended so soon.

:thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
For anyone that cares: I'm very much less than convinced that this is the real Leon Knight.

As you were.

Me too. For me the 'book' adds further doubt to whether this is really Leon Knight. Who would publish such a thing? Imagine the pitch to the publisher. This will be the story of a footballer who alienated every set of supporters he played in front of. The story of a player who has never played above the Championship. The story of a player who couldn't get in to the Queen of the South team. Where's the profit in that?

It is clear from 'Leon's' posts that he is not the most eloquent individual, so we would have to assume this book is ghost written. Again, who would want such a job?

I believe this is an elaborate hoax, and chapeau! to the hoaxer for taking so many in.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't anyone think it is a bit coincidental that the post is from someone abroad, and we currently have many Brighton fans together abroad. Also why would Leon have an email address LeonKnightFootballer@gmail.com

I think it's a spoof. A good spoof but a spoof nonetheless.

Isn't there anything better to do in Portugal than this?!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't be 100% sure if it really IS Leon of course, but the fact that none of the replys are particularly "sensationalist" does incline me to believe perhaps its not a wind-up. I know if I was on here pretending to be Leon, I'd be putting some absolutely RIDICULOUS stuff up.

Anyhoo, Leon (can I call you Le ?). OK, Leon.
One thing I always wondered about was why you chose to sign for the Albion over QPR. I seem to remember at the time you had offers on the tables from both clubs ? Once QPR were interested I pretty much assumed thats where you'd go (London club, proper stadium, better propects at the time etc). Was it just an issue of money, or was there some other reason you turned QPR down and headed to Withers ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm happy to share my rationale...

Amongst yesterday's 2 new NSC registrations were one purporting to be Leon Knight and one purporting to be Colin Kazim Richards. That's quite a coincidence on the same day, within the same hour in fact. Both registrations were from very generic email addresses that can be set up anonymously with ease.

The IP address that all Leon's posts have been made from is in Moldova. That certainly looks like the work of someone who is attempting to hide their real IP address so that I can't match it with an existing NSC user.

Leon told me at 8:30am this morning he was in the States. It's unlikely, although not impossible, many people in North America would be posting at that hour.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What's the book called....'Don't blame me' or 'It's everyone else's fault'.....?

Coming to a.....

The-Works.jpg

near you....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm happy to share my rationale...

Amongst yesterday's 2 new NSC registrations were one purporting to be Leon Knight and one purporting to be Colin Kazim Richards. That's quite a coincidence on the same day, within the same hour in fact. Both registrations were from very generic email addresses that can be set up anonymously with ease.

The IP address that all Leon's posts have been made from is in Moldova. That certainly looks like the work of someone who is attempting to hide their real IP address so that I can't match it with an existing NSC user.

Leon told me at 8:30am this morning he was in the States. It's unlikely, although not impossible, many people in North America would be posting at that hour.
Its been fun anyway.:thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My rationale is simple, and therefore probably not as convincing as Bozza's.

1. As Easy points out, he's not given anything vaguely sensational. For a well played out hoax, he's not having much FUN with it is he!

2. A couple of years ago I did "contact" Leon (again, could have been a hoax) through MySpace, and the manner and style of his conversation was very similar, and also completely devoid of any capitalisation whatsoever.

Just saying like.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So everyone has been brown-nosing and it wasn't even him!? Brilliant!

You can all go back to actually admitting he is a little shit now.

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
Originally Posted by PCBEARDMLORD
If you are Leon Knight.... what car were you driving when you were stopped by the Police in North Street, Brighton....and what did you get the ticket for ?

Answering this simple question would help to prove who you are !

His unwillingness to answer some questions suggests that this is not Leon Knight...

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I would say that this is GOLD, or a classic- but it's not funny really is it..

But very very interesting and in a word- fickle.

I can't wait for him to let us loose with his phone number. Whoever this guy may be, I can't wait to find out whether he has a load of Leon knight CLONES manning the phone lines or it is actually Leon at the other end, sitting in a robbed Mercedes among the streets of Compton smoking a cigar and grasping a pistol in the other hand while negotiating with his agent, 'Fat Tony', about the possibilities of playing for a non-league team in Uzbekistan, while also narrating the 6th chapter of his book, "Milton Keynes, a girl called Stacey, a bottle of white lightning and a plastic cow".

Last edited:

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
1 - he's promoting a book
2 - he's calling the radio station...to promote his book
3 - he's apologising, so we buy his book

It's really quite painful. Maybe, just maybe, he should spend less time 'writing' and actually focus on restoring a career which has needlessly been thrown away by 27.

9 clubs, 5 years. It tells it's own story.

i will not mention my book on the radio at all im not promoting my book its no where near finished im just letting you know ill have a book coming out soon
nothing has been thrown away i can get a league 1 club now but i dont think the clubs are right for me so ill stay away till a club pops up thats right for me and the club if nothing dont come up ill stay away plain and simple

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
Yep agree, will only lead to abuse from the keyboard warriors who seem to hold a personal grudge for things said in haste many years ago.

mate it will only b a temp sim card so if it gets to hectic ill jus throw it away

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Cue a load of threads claiming to be from former players:

ASHLEY NEAL I'M TALKED ABOUT ON THIS SITE SO NOW I WILL DEFEND MYSELF

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Pure gold.

I wish I could get this many bites off Worthing pier. :fishing:

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
Originally Posted by PCBEARDMLORD
If you are Leon Knight.... what car were you driving when you were stopped by the Police in North Street, Brighton....and what did you get the ticket for ?

His unwillingness to answer some questions suggests that this is not Leon Knight...

sorry for such a late reply mate right
ive been stopped so many times in brighton i would not have a clue
ive had so many cars too ie ... mini cooper s , slk merc , c class coupe merc and a clk merc these r the cars i had when i was at brighton what i was in and what i got stopped for i really and honestly cant remember sorry !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here