Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
Ahem, could you answer the below questions please. I'm genuinely interested in the answer.

mate what has happened was ment to be
and what will happen we will see i aint forcing anything
god gave me a talent and if he wants me to put it to use again i will for sure
my talent will never be gone
but im happy for now i know i cud of done more obviously but it wasnt ment to be i kno time is running out cos younger players are coming through but without being big headed mate and i respect every footy player the new breed of talent aint what it was like when i was coming thru so if i was to sign somewhere im confident ill be well ok !!

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Leon, I haven't read thes whole thread, but seen a few comments from you about how your relationship with McGhee eroded over time (and blaming him for strange decisions)

I was once told by various members of staff (at a club function) that McGhee spent (on average) about a day a week sorting out problems relating entirely to you, (specifically traffic offences, ironing things out with local police, etc). Also, that you often turned up to training with a large entourage (which was a major distraction). How much is true, how much is exaggerated, how much have things changed?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bozza - Did u actually SEE him on the Skype thing?!

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
Leon, I haven't read thes whole thread, but seen a few comments from you about how your relationship with McGhee eroded over time (and blaming him for strange decisions)

I was once told by various members of staff (at a club function) that McGhee spent (on average) about a day a week sorting out problems relating entirely to you, (specifically traffic offences, ironing things out with local police, etc). Also, that you often turned up to training with a large entourage (which was a major distraction). How much is true, how much is exaggerated, how much have things changed?

mate i had a mini so i dont kno about the entourage
and ironing out things mcghee wanted me out u think he would iron anything out for me lololol no chance he would of let me rot

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am truly staggered that it is actually you, but you have gained a certain amount of respect for doing this for sure.

I think what frustrates all of us fans is that you seem like the ultimate example of someone who has wasted their talent. We all dream of playing football for our clubs but sadly most of us don't have enough talent. You clearly have or did have the talent but for whatever the reason you came across as thinking you are better than you are and as a result people lost respect for you. You then seemed to fall out with every manager you had.

As fans we have often seen players not make the best of the talent they have, Robert Codner being one that springs to mind but in your case you are the ultimate example.

Kerry Mayo and John Crumplin are two of a different mould, who made the most out of their fairly limited talent by given 100% and behaving in a way that a professional footballer should do. As a result they have to date had better careers than you even though they are not even 10% of the talent that you are.

So are you now ready to behave as someone who deserves to be blessed with this talent? If so then there is no reason why you won't do well, but you have to knuckle down and get on with it, not act like you are Jermain Defoe playing in League One.

Oh and one final thing it was neither big nor clever when Adam Virgo's father had died to take the black armband you were supposedly wearing out of respect to the ground in such a petulant manner in front of the North Stand just because you had lost a free kick. Adam had lost his father. For many who witnessed it that was the last straw and the moment where all respect was lost for you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
mate i had a mini so i dont kno about the entourage
and ironing out things mcghee wanted me out u think he would iron anything out for me lololol no chance he would of let me rot

Funny that, as an outsider I'd have thought he gave you more chances than most of the other managers you've played for?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Leon, did you really once turn up to training driving a tractor, and were towing Gary Hart's broken down verhicle behind? Or was it the other way around?
:)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Leon, fancy coming to the friendly against Aberdeen next week? McGhee will be there.....

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Leon, thanks for the goals and the memories, when you had the brighton shirt on i thought you were a legend, but it all went wrong. I remember watching you play against brighton at withdean, think you were playing for Huddersfield at the time. You just kept diving and winding up our players. As much as i didn't like that style, brighton needed someone like you. And to be fair you did, as others have said, a good job for us.

You could have been an absolute legend at brighton but it didn't happen. You said some bad things, and it looks like you have regretted (some of) it. Most footballers are arrogant and rude, must come with the job. And football fans are fickle.

I thought you were sh*t, then a legend, then a knob, and now i don't really care.

But, all the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here