leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yeah mate i have 3 sisters

duz yoo fancy a 'oliday like.........:drink::thumbsup:

i'm takin that as you have turned up here you are a bit keen to come back to the ALBION.........have you grown up enough to manage your personality issues...??? Don't get me wrong mate,if i wasn't such an aggro kaaant i could have played for Arsenal,it's taken me 18 years to realise what an arsehole i was(am):wave:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
nothing happened like that ever funny rumour tho hahahah

Oh. Well this one must be true? Did you and other members of the first team squad get a bollocking at 4am for staying up all night on the day of a game having a connect 4 competition? If so, is it true that the competition was won by Michel Kuipers?...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That fateful day...

This has just appeared on the Sky Sports website. It had to happen I suppose. Good riddance I say.

Brighton striker Leon Knight has handed in a transfer request.

The diminutive forward has cited "irrevocable differences" which have emerged recently between himself and Albion manager Mark McGhee, and in a statement issued via his agent today, has made it known that he wishes to be placed on the transfer list when the next transfer window opens in January. Knight was dropped from the squad which lost 3-0 in the Championship to Stoke on Saturday following a public bust-up with McGhee after being substituted in the recent home game against Wolves, and despite issuing an apology to McGhee this week, Knight has stated that he feels his future lies elsewhere.

In a brief statement, his agent Mark Everson said: "Leon wishes it to be known that he will continue to channel all his efforts into playing for the team, but that due to an irrevocable difference of opinion which has been brought about over the last few weeks, he no longer see's his long term future with Brighton and Hove Albion, and has therefore handed in a written transfer request today". The shock news will be a blow to Mark McGhee, who was keen to draw a line under the issue following Knights apology. The Brighton boss was unavailable for comment today, but Chief Executive Martin Perry said: "Of course it's very disappointing that Leon has chosen this course of action, but we are still very hopeful of resolving this situation internally. Leon is a very important member of the squad, and I'm sure we can resolve this amicably once we've had a chance to sit down with him and sort this all out."

However, a source on the playing side who did not wish to be named, lifted the lid on a series of disputes which has culminated in Knight putting in the transfer request. "It's been on the cards" he said. "On the coach up to Sheffield Wednesday the other week, we'd barely got past Crawley and Leon went and spilt Ribena all down his club shirt and tie. The gaffer hadn't brought a change of clothes with him, and you just can't shift blackcurrent. So things got a bit nasty, and McGhee ended up taking Leons crayons away for the whole journey. Leon only had Woody's hat and scarf left to colour in, so as you can imagine he was a bit upset by that. Then later on at the services, the gaffer wouldn't let Leon on the swings because of the whole Ribena thing. He was already grumpy as we just couldn't get him down to have his usual afternoon nap on the way, so I think it all built up from that really. He was just over-tired."

The club is due to issue a full statement tomorrow.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Wow, I'm shocked it is the real Leon.

I'm happy to accept his apology and leave it there, and hopefully now he will be remembered for all the good memories he gave us as opposed to the aftermath that followed his exit. Maybe someone at the club will read this and sort Leon out an invitation to the first game at Falmer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Leon I think I saw u in LA. What hotel do u stay at there?

Also, thought u were bankrupt? Do all the funds go in the wifes name now :drink:

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
I am truly staggered that it is actually you, but you have gained a certain amount of respect for doing this for sure.

I think what frustrates all of us fans is that you seem like the ultimate example of someone who has wasted their talent. We all dream of playing football for our clubs but sadly most of us don't have enough talent. You clearly have or did have the talent but for whatever the reason you came across as thinking you are better than you are and as a result people lost respect for you. You then seemed to fall out with every manager you had.

As fans we have often seen players not make the best of the talent they have, Robert Codner being one that springs to mind but in your case you are the ultimate example.

Kerry Mayo and John Crumplin are two of a different mould, who made the most out of their fairly limited talent by given 100% and behaving in a way that a professional footballer should do. As a result they have to date had better careers than you even though they are not even 10% of the talent that you are.

So are you now ready to behave as someone who deserves to be blessed with this talent? If so then there is no reason why you won't do well, but you have to knuckle down and get on with it, not act like you are Jermain Defoe playing in League One.

Oh and one final thing it was neither big nor clever when Adam Virgo's father had died to take the black armband you were supposedly wearing out of respect to the ground in such a petulant manner in front of the North Stand just because you had lost a free kick. Adam had lost his father. For many who witnessed it that was the last straw and the moment where all respect was lost for you.

mate the adam virgo thing was not ment in any way i spoke to him after he didnt have a problem with it i do not think sometimes when i get frustrated what kind of person do u think i am do u really think ill do that to disrespect adam or hes father lets be real .
and i have never thought im jermain defoe in league 1 im leon knight in league 1 i would never wanna be jermain defoe that i can promise u
hes a good friend of mine i love him he loves me but as far for wanting to be him nah mate never that sorry and 1 last thing i have not wasted my talent my talent will be on display again.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
came here to say sorry thats all mate

I never thought I'd hear that: or anything similar from you. I, for one, will accept your apology and it is clear you've grown up (maybe not physically :laugh:) Good luck. What's next after football?

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
Leon I think I saw u in LA. What hotel do u stay at there?

Also, thought u were bankrupt? Do all the funds go in the wifes name now :drink:

nah mate i was in vegas
and the whole bankrupt thing was years ago mistake that got quickly sorted
everything is in my name pal

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Leon, why has it taken so long for you to apologise and why do you still feel bitter about McGhee when it's clearly you who carries the issues.

I respect your apology but something tells me the apology is more for your footballing career than a feeling of guilt.

Oh yeah and what do you think of Paul Ince?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
mate the adam virgo thing was not ment in any way i spoke to him after he didnt have a problem with it i do not think sometimes when i get frustrated what kind of person do u think i am do u really think ill do that to disrespect adam or hes father lets be real .
and i have never thought im jermain defoe in league 1 im leon knight in league 1 i would never wanna be jermain defoe that i can promise u
hes a good friend of mine i love him he loves me but as far for wanting to be him nah mate never that sorry and 1 last thing i have not wasted my talent my talent will be on display again.

Leon, thanks for the response I am genuinely grateful for for it. I'm pleased Adam didn't take issue with the armband thing although as I say it didn't do you any favours.

Saly I do think you have wasted your talent. You are a league one player at worst, with the potential to do it in the Championship, yet for the last god knows how many years you have been dicking around in levels much lower than this. Why is this? Why have you not recaptured your Brighton form elsewhere and done well for yourself? It just doesn't make sense to a lot of us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Leon......can you ask your dad if he remembers me manhandling him at QPR to stop him jumping on the pitch to get at Clarke Carlisle when he twatted you one into the QPR goal!!

It was possibly the funniest moment at a football match I remember

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Blimey, you've changed your tune since your 'Leon Knight Stinks of Shite' thread.

Hypocrisy is rife in this thread. I haven't seen so many 180's since Cheryl Cole walked past Jedward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports