Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
nah mate id rather stay away if the right club dont come along i wont be playing again i refuse to put myself thru anymore drama with clubs myself and my family

But of course you wouldn't want to look like you just ended up on the scrapheap so you're on here, the board of the only club you've made a proper name for yourself, to do one last bit of ego massaging.

You're on the scrapheap because no club can afford to have a troublemaker like you on its books - especially in this financial climate. Your ability as a footballer is far outweighed by your sense of self-importance.

You don't deserve a send off. Brighton fans will always remember you for various reasons - good and bad - but why come on here looking for attention? Go and do with your family what you couldn't do with your clubs and us fans - respect them and look after them. I hope you prove to be a better husband and father than you were a professional footballer.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
A useful contribution.

Looking forward to League One? I have a feeling your club is going to struggle this season. Shame.

However your team gave me one of the happiest days of my life in 1983 so thanks for that.

I don't think we will struggle but your concern is noted, our squad has improved from last season and we have some decentish players and now Franny Jeffers is off the payroll things are looking up all be it only briefly.

I don't have many memories of Brighton, a 4-0 win at the Goldstone sticks out though

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
of course the above goes if you are indeed the real little Leon. :whistle:

Yoda

English & European
Leon......can you ask your dad if he remembers me manhandling him at QPR to stop him jumping on the pitch to get at Clarke Carlisle when he twatted you one into the QPR goal!!

It was possibly the funniest moment at a football match I remember

I remember that well (LDV match if I'm correct), I was right behind the goal, front row, and was almost foaming at the mouth at Carlisle for that.

Did you say something to him for him to react like that?

Last edited:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
not being funny mate but that post seems to prove you havent moved on as far as you think.

On the contrary, I think it does show he's matured. He's thinking about what's best for himself and his family, not just for himself, his bank balance and his ego: I think stuff like this demonstrates he's turned the corner.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
On the contrary, I think it does show he's matured. He's thinking about what's best for himself and his family, not just for himself, his bank balance and his ego: I think stuff like this demonstrates he's turned the corner.

we will have to agree to disagree mate but ultimately i am right.

nah mate id rather stay away if the right club dont come along i wont be playing again i refuse to put myself thru anymore drama with clubs myself and my family

if you think stating a 'refusal to take anymore drama' from some as yet theoretical employer before anything to put his nose out of joint has even happened, and you are already winding yourself up at the prospect of some imaginary run in, means someone is a considered, measured and mature bloke then you see the world very differently from me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
But of course you wouldn't want to look like you just ended up on the scrapheap so you're on here, the board of the only club you've made a proper name for yourself, to do one last bit of ego massaging.

You're on the scrapheap because no club can afford to have a troublemaker like you on its books - especially in this financial climate. Your ability as a footballer is far outweighed by your sense of self-importance.

You don't deserve a send off. Brighton fans will always remember you for various reasons - good and bad - but why come on here looking for attention? Go and do with your family what you couldn't do with your clubs and us fans - respect them and look after them. I hope you prove to be a better husband and father than you were a professional footballer.[jesus:eek:]

you BITCH

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Amongst yesterday's 2 new NSC registrations were one purporting to be Leon Knight and one purporting to be Colin Kazim Richards. That's quite a coincidence on the same day, within the same hour in fact. Both registrations were from very generic email addresses that can be set up anonymously with ease.

So, does this mean we can all expect a thread firing up sometime soon, along the lines of .....

"colin kazim-richards here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself"

I'm guessing Leon signed up yesterday with the express intention of doing this thread. So, is CKR just watching how the thread goes, or preparing to start a thread himself?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Are you shitting me? This is the actual Leon Knight? :wozza:

Wow.

Well since your not a kid on a wind up, my estimation of you has gone up a fair bit. Fair play. Thanks for that penlaty!

Now sort your life and attitude out, look in the mirror and that shit, and come back whe you can sign a new contract after Rushden's one expires and get back on track.

LMR

Jul 22, 2010
Leon - whatever is said about you on here is pretty irrelivant now. You're gone, we've moved on and look set for many great years. It's a shame things didn't work out, but as you've said, that's football.

You would have to do something exceptionally bad to diminish the best memory of live football I currently have, which is being just behind the goal you scored the winning penalty in in the play offs. Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!

I wish I was able to have the experience of doing something like that!

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Great thread guys:thumbsup: keep it up. It appears to be going Global, how long before it is quoted in the Arsegas?

Leon - Thanks for Cardiff - shame your career went tits up, some of us don't grow up until it is too late - shit happens:drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the most degrading thread in NSC histroy. Why would ANYONE bite? Seriously? This thread screams of "windup". Some kid is likely sitting at home right now laughing his head off at how many bites he's had. f*** the two loavs and five fish or what ever, the bites on this thread could feed the f***ing 6 billion, not just the 1000!

Are you shitting me? This is the actual Leon Knight? :wozza:

Wow.

Well since your not a kid on a wind up, my estimation of you has gone up a fair bit. Fair play. Thanks for that penlaty!

Now sort your life and attitude out, look in the mirror and that shit, and come back whe you can sign a new contract after Rushden's one expires and get back on track.

Oh YE of little FAITH

:wink:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
As a lot of others have said, I loved Leon when he played for us but lost all respect for him after he left and the comments made about our club. I found it quite amusing how his career lurched from one backwater to another, but also some sadness at such a waste of talent.

This whole episode does seem to indicate he's grown up a bit though, and I wish him the best in finding a new club and making something out of what should have been a very promising career.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
we will have to agree to disagree mate but ultimately i am right.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

That is very funny, really did make me lol and I won't argue, who can, because ultimately, you are right!!!

if you think stating a 'refusal to take anymore drama' from some as yet theoretical employer before anything to put his nose out of joint has even happened, and you are already winding yourself up at the prospect of some imaginary run in, means someone is a considered, measured and mature bloke then you see the world very differently from me.

However all I would say is that he is seeking non confrontational employment, aware, one imagines, of his own problems and limitations in dealing with conflict and strife. That is a sign of growing up and maturing. But ultimately I'm sure you are right???

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Leon, I happened to bump in to you at the honey club a couple of times. You were acting like a dick on both occasions. Your attitude was a disgrace before leaving the club, and your commments even worse after leaving.

BUT, I will ALWAYS remember that goal at Cardiff, and for that I will always be grateful. Get your attitude sorted, get fit, get a club, and stop acting like a jumped up, premier league prima donna.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here