Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Richie - Leon Kinght preffesses to be a long time reader of NSC.

If that is the case, then he would have known very well, what range of responses he was likely to recieve.

He claims to be here 'only to apologise', yet has stopped short of actually admitting ANY wrongdoing. Thus , some are loathe to welcome that 'apology' blindly.

I am sure he says numerous times on this thread that he acted unprofessionally at times and appologised for that. I may be wrong.

And to be honest, whatever reaction Leon thought he would get does not really bother me. I just think that this thread had the potential to be quite interesting but is getting clogged up with abuse.

Simster. Thinly veiled attracks? The vitriol I was referring to were on posts like the one from Dover. Nothing to do with you...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I am sure he says numerous times on this thread that he acted unprofessionally at times and appologised for that. I may be wrong.

And to be honest, whatever reaction Leon thought he would get does not really bother me. I just think that this thread had the potential to be quite interesting but is getting clogged up with abuse.

Simster. Thinly veiled attracks? The vitriol I was referring to were on posts like the one from Dover. Nothing to do with you...
WJ I dont know you from adam but Sim has been consistent (i think) with his tone on this thread, I think the third post in was Sim calling him a wanker, that's pretty blatant vitriol!

Birkenvegas

Jul 22, 2010
I grew up in Tranmere, went to Well Lane and Rocky High and can say with certainty that, if I was Leon, I would rather sit at home with Geoff Stelling and Paul Merson/Le Tittier shouting at games I can't see whilst drinking lighter fluid than hang around in that armpit again.

Theres nice places, and there is shit holes. Just like every place in the country.
After going to rocky high you are bound not to have the fondest of memories. Horrible place.
All im saying is i cant understand why anybody who has a passion for football would turn the oppurtunity down wherever it is to play week in week out and get paid for it.
I would have done anything as a kid to have the chance of being a professional footballer after geting turned away from club after club after club.
It seems to me that he hasnt changed all that much no mattter what he says. You have jus played for an unknown Greek side, Queen of the South, and Rushden and you say that a league 1 club isnt for you. Seems strange to me.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This debate is now clogging up this thread MORE than the attacks...

Yeah Simster has had a pop, but he was far from the only one. The post from Dover - who I know and think is a proper little beauty - just shocked me I guess.

I appreciate people don't like Leon. Fair enough. Up to them and I can fully understand their point of view. But you don't have to like him to be interested in what he has to say.

Just felt this thread would have benefited from being a straight Q and A.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yeah Simster has had a pop, but he was far from the only one. The post from Dover - who I know and think is a proper little beauty - just shocked me I guess.

I appreciate people don't like Leon. Fair enough. Up to them and I can fully understand their point of view. But you don't have to like him to be interested in what he has to say.

Just felt this thread would have benefited from being a straight Q and A.

I think Leon has now got bored and gone out!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There once was a striker called Knight
Who's goalscoring record turned shite
He flounced off to Swansea
And blamed all and sundry
Then came back on here all contrite

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have an IDEA.

How about everyone who just wants to slag Leon off and have a pop at him just stays off the thread?

I think over the last few years most of you have made your feelings well known.

Some of the vitriol directed at him on this thread is pathetic and from people who one would hope would know better.

i saw you on the 10 oclock news......nananaaaaah

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

For a moment (ok, your previous four posts before this one - I counted, like the sad sub-editor I am) I dreamed this thread might have served the worthwhile purpose of finally persuading you to give up trying to cap words for emphasis - a mindnumbingly simple process, yet one you probably wouldn't get if you had a Sun style guide neurologically wired into your cortex. I think I got over-excited.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

He has apologised for what he SAID about the Albion after he left. He has said nothing about his actions.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
OK thats understandable.
I just thought you were one of these judgmental characters who thinks he can laugh at others to better himself.
Its ok though, being 13 years old is an age where there's plenty to learn I'll just have to remeber the average age of NSC users. My mistake.

ouch,you have been owned

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Comedy genius :laugh::laugh::laugh: You must know your funny right?

You seem to have some 'issue' with me Skiddy, which is fine and dandy I'm sure. But can you give it a rest stalking me round this thread. Its one of the more interesting ones on here lately - clogging it up with mini binfests is all a bit pointless innit.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
You seem to have some 'issue' with me Skiddy, which is fine and dandy I'm sure. But can you give it a rest stalking me round this thread. Its one of the more interesting ones on here lately - clogging it up with mini binfests is all a bit pointless innit.

Couldn't I be saying the same????
You seem desperate for the last word.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
sorry for such a late reply mate right
ive been stopped so many times in brighton i would not have a clue
ive had so many cars too ie ... mini cooper s , slk merc , c class coupe merc and a clk merc these r the cars i had when i was at brighton what i was in and what i got stopped for i really and honestly cant remember sorry !!

photographic proof that this is the real Leon:

Attachments

• leon mini.jpg
    leon mini.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,269

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have an IDEA.

How about everyone who just wants to slag Leon off and have a pop at him just stays off the thread?

I think over the last few years most of you have made your feelings well known.

Some of the vitriol directed at him on this thread is pathetic and from people who one would hope would know better.

And the group lickathon is even more pathetic. If it is Knight then I'm glad some people are letting him have it with both barrels and if you don't like that then maybe it is you who should stay off the thread. What were you expecting from people? Anyway, you can get back to the lickathon now-sorry to have interupted you.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Theres nice places, and there is shit holes. Just like every place in the country.
After going to rocky high you are bound not to have the fondest of memories. Horrible place.
All im saying is i cant understand why anybody who has a passion for football would turn the oppurtunity down wherever it is to play week in week out and get paid for it.
I would have done anything as a kid to have the chance of being a professional footballer after geting turned away from club after club after club.
It seems to me that he hasnt changed all that much no mattter what he says. You have jus played for an unknown Greek side, Queen of the South, and Rushden and you say that a league 1 club isnt for you. Seems strange to me.

Fair do's.

I'd like to see Leon strutting his stuff around the North End or Woodchurch. He'd last about 3 seconds up there.

Seriously though...Rovers are'nt that desperate are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here