leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I have but one question:

Why has this thread had over 730 replies and over 44,000 views in the space of a day?

:shrug:

Do you really need to ask that question?

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Must admit that my opinion of the guy has gone up a lot after reading this thread. Regardless of what stupid things were said and done in the past, when all is said and done, nothing is more important than the happy memories of those goals.

Is anyone else entertaining the thought that maybe, just maybe there could be a bit of space somewhere for him on the Gus Bus? Even if it's a shitty little seat at the back :lolol: ala Seb Carole with his weekly contract?

I know it will never happen, but I can't help but wish we could once again see the best of Leon, especially since we're looking for strikers. What better club to re-find his form at than the one where he had the most success.

But alas, I'm simply daydreaming. We will just be left with the memories of what was and could have been. Besides, I bet he's lost his match sharpness/fitness by now and will only find it again after a LOT of work at a much smaller club than ours.

Still, if you're reading this Leon, get yourself in touch with the club somehow and show them you just want to get your head down and work for your family. I know that's not how football works and your pride would be dented but you never know... it could just work and turn out to be the move that your career needs!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For all the people saying 'I have a bit more respect for him now...', good for you. I, however, am going to disagree with your viewpoint.

So what is this thread? It's Leon Knight starting a thread with his first post on NSC about Leon Knight's favourite subject... Leon Knight.

I see little or no contrition in his posts, and little sense of self-responsibility. I see nothing that would make me change my opinion of him - if anything, it's just got worse. Knight was yesterday's news. Thanks for the one good season your career managed to produce, Leon, but as for what followed, what an unprofessional, ignorant, charm-free attitude to have... No, his 'talent' and goals won't be anything like enough to buy him an advance pardon, and certainly not with the most glib of 'sorry's.

As for wanting him back - it's absolutely risible. He's washed up, f***ed up and nowhere to go, and still not understanding why.

Gus Poyet knows exactly who he is, and even if Leon Knight wanted to come back (thankfully he evidently doesn't), the club won't want anything to do with him, irrespective of who may have been right and who may have been wrong six years ago.

What I am trying to fathom is why come on here and why now?

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
For all the people saying 'I have a bit more respect for him now...', good for you. I, however, am going to disagree with your viewpoint.

So what is this thread? It's Leon Knight starting a thread with his first post on NSC about Leon Knight's favourite subject... Leon Knight.

I see little or no contrition in his posts, and little sense of self-responsibility. I see nothing that would make me change my opinion of him - if anything, it's just got worse. Knight was yesterday's news. Thanks for the one good season your career managed to produce, Leon, but as for what followed, what an unprofessional, ignorant, charm-free attitude to have... No, his 'talent' and goals won't be anything like enough to buy him an advance pardon, and certainly not with the most glib of 'sorry's.

As for wanting him back - it's absolutely risible. He's washed up, f***ed up and nowhere to go.

Gus Poyet knows exactly who he is, and even if Leon Knight wanted to come back (thankfully he evidently doesn't), the club won't want anything to do with him, irrespective of who may have been right and who may have been wrong six years ago. So why come on here and why now? Pity?

Boring

super sleeves

Mackem
Jul 22, 2010
Sunderland
Mackem here in peace!

You have to give respect and time to Leon Knight whos came back to the BHAFC fans to defend himself and he comes across as a proper decent lad.
Well Done leon! good player in your time lad :thumbsup:

htafc

Jul 22, 2010
Mackem here in peace!

You have to give respect and time to Leon Knight whos came back to the BHAFC fans to defend himself and he comes across as a proper decent lad.
Well Done leon! good player in your time lad :thumbsup:

your manager has a very fat and very ugly face. and is a bit of a twat. :sick:

PapsSL

Jul 22, 2010
Heard you were on here, least you aint havin a dig at journos like someone i know

how come you couldnt make it to the wedding? even owusu made it and he is the laziest f*** i know

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
papssl another former player???????

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Heard you were on here, least you aint havin a dig at journos like someone i know

how come you couldnt make it to the wedding? even owusu made it and he is the laziest f*** i know

I'd take that fella back in a second...

Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Stockport+County+KjgwjRqJVs7l.jpg

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
08:36
The first half of this thread is full of people arse licking him, with one or two dissenters (like me, and BoF). The second half (once Knight has gone) is full of people calling him a cock. :lolol:
08:41
thank you very much
im not trying to sound like or be peter ward i just know ive said some things towards brighton fans and brighton as a club which i did not mean so i thought it will only be right to register and give fans a chance to hear what i really think i love the club things i said was out of anger aint you ever said something you did not mean out of anger im sure you have .
you can still think im a knob head a prick a cock whatever but i did my best everytime i put on that no.7 shirt i didnt wanna let use as fans down ever . i know i did in the end but like i said im sorry !!!
08:43
Yeah cheers Leon you always were a legend in my eyes, thanks for that truly MARVELLOUS goal at Cardiff and I remember what a BRILLO player you were in 2004. I think you're an absolute legend and my opinion of you won't change. Probably the best player in the stripes ever and Magoo has you to thank for everything he's ever done in his career.

Great bottle showing up on this forum too. Well done.

Edit: :bowdown:
:laugh:

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

As for wanting him back - it's absolutely risible. He's washed up, f***ed up and nowhere to go, and still not understanding why.

Gus Poyet knows exactly who he is, and even if Leon Knight wanted to come back (thankfully he evidently doesn't), the club won't want anything to do with him, irrespective of who may have been right and who may have been wrong six years ago.

What I am trying to fathom is why come on here and why now?

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports