leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rubbish long ball all day

Is it fair to say your heart wasn't really in it when you were up there? I was very surprised you didn't score.

For what it's worth, if you knuckle down, get fit and apply yourself - and most importantly of all if you really have matured as much as you say - I think you do still have a lot to offer a League 1 or even championship team.

No one just suddenly becomes a bad player after all.

Get on the blower to Gus and show the man what you can do :thumbsup:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
960 posts and 97,000 views says that Leon Knight, despite a few knobs on here, is a very, very popular ex player.
Im guessing that the board may well take notice of this IF they were approched to give LK a trial.

Of the doubters? Give this guy two games, fully fit, in the side Gus is building and he will win EVERYONE over. LK is made for this team AND this team is made for LK..end of.

You, sir, are a bloody idiot

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3616344 said:
Well...... if he was in his 30's I'd be inclined to agree that he's had it. But 27 is still young and with some hard work he can get back to where he was.

I'm sure he hasn't forgotten where the goal is right Leon??

It's not as if we have just signed a 35 year old as well.

DanielT

Can a person change between 23 and 27. From personal experience, I think yes, definitely. Things happen that can change someone completely, to the point they'd be unrecognisable (and I don't mean plastic surgery! I mean their personality)

To assume someone hasn't changed without giving them a chance would surely be ignorance/prejudice?

If Leon came back to Brighton, either on the pitch or just to this forum, I would say that took a lot of guts and would warrant an assumption that he'd genuinely changed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You, sir, are a bloody idiot

Seconded.

I honestly cannot believe the amount of arselicking on this thread.

The club has moved on, so should you Leon. Yes you gave us one seasons good service, but since then your goalscoring record has gone to shit, its been one falling out after another everywhere you've been since here, and I absolutely do NOT want that happening again at the Albion with such a CRUCIAL season coming up for us.

Good luck with wherever you end up Mr K, but I think Gus knows exactly what he's doing and the type of players he wants, and I don't believe you're anywhere near fitting that profile.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3616344 said:
Well...... if he was in his 30's I'd be inclined to agree that he's had it. But 27 is still young and with some hard work he can get back to where he was.

I'm sure he hasn't forgotten where the goal is right Leon??

What I don't get is how Leon is suddenly worth a trial, after posting a few messages on here? If he's that good, why weren't people saying he should have been playing before this?

We're a club going forward, why should be looking at washed up players?

He's had too many failures to be even be considered being looked at. Only on NSC can such a far fetched campaign be deemed credible

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3616352 said:
Come again?

Must of gone over your head that one. What i was getting at was the age bit.Even if he was in his 30's you don't always lose it do you? We have signed Kish who still has the ability according to Gus at 35.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why? Because he has an opinion different to yours?

Not at all.

But because to suggest a player with Leon's history is worth a try is bordering on total insanity. Also to suggest the board would take notice of NSC when consdering which players to sign is quite frankly, pathetic and an insult to Tony Bloom and Gus Poyet.

How many players have 5 years of complete disaster, going from club to club, falling out with players and managers AT EVERY SINGLE ONE, then suddenly turn themselves round to become top goalscorers?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not at all.

But because to suggest a player with Leon's history is worth a try is bordering on total insanity.

How many players have 5 years of complete disaster, going from club to club, falling out with players and managers AT EVERY SINGLE ONE, then suddenly turn themselves round to become top goalscorers?

How many people do things at 21 years old that they look back at when they are 27 or 28 and think how stupid was that. People do grow up and become wiser sometimes.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Seconded.

I honestly cannot believe the amount of arselicking on this thread.

The club has moved on, so should you Leon. Yes you gave us one seasons good service, but since then your goalscoring record has gone to shit, its been one falling out after another everywhere you've been since here, and I absolutely do NOT want that happening again at the Albion with such a CRUCIAL season coming up for us.

Good luck with wherever you end up Mr K, but I think Gus knows exactly what he's doing and the type of players he wants, and I don't believe you're anywhere near fitting that profile.

You do talk alot of sense most times Dave but not this time. Why do you continue to judge him after he left us? His most successfull time in his career was playing for the Albion. That's really says it all. Who cares what he failed to do elsewhere?
There really isn't a problem giving him a short term deal ie 3 months is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports