Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Leon Knight would pose more of a goal threat than Gary Hart even if he had both his legs cut off at the knee.

Just out of interest, do you ever sit in H block? My season ticket is there and every time I utter a slight dissatisfaction that Hart is coming on I get berated by someone called 'Beanie' (I think) and that guy who shakes the noisy 'thing'.

My point is he seems immune to criticism. And I agree, Knight would hopefully score goals again here and DEFO more than Hart.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I realise now that it makes me sound a little like that guy on Alan Partridge with a room full of Partridge faces...

[yt]u3YUlcyPXLo[/yt]

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
A risk?

A free transfer,a player in his prime and a natural goal scorer?

LK who has come on here to chat with fans and judging by the feedback no sign of a bad attitude?

A player who is easily capable of hitting 20 goals in a season?

Doesn't sound much like a risk to me.

Can he actually play this season though? Someone mentioned he can't play for 12 months because of his sacking, or is that over now?

It's a World of different between chatting to fans on a messageboard, or on the phone for a few days, to settling down into playing football when he wouldn't be first choice and probably would spend a lot of time on the bench etc.

You say he's capable of hitting twenty goals, and indeed he is, but as he hasn't shown that form for a long time. I could say something along the lines of Michael Ricketts looked good 7 years ago, lets give him a go? I'd rather we looked for someone who is either a young talent or someone who has proved, recently, that he has the scoring touch.

We're just going round in circles now so I'm just going to finally add good luck in the future Leon, hope you do turn things round and I'm sure your kids will be proud of you.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
This is all very well, but what is the Club's position on Leon Knight? What is Guy Poyet's position? Giving Leon a trial match couldn't hurt, could it? <shrug>

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
after what he said about this football club in the past and the people involved in it, can you SERIOUSLY see them taking him back?

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
Can he actually play this season though? Someone mentioned he can't play for 12 months because of his sacking, or is that over now?

It's a World of different between chatting to fans on a messageboard, or on the phone for a few days, to settling down into playing football when he wouldn't be first choice and probably would spend a lot of time on the bench etc.

You say he's capable of hitting twenty goals, and indeed he is, but as he hasn't shown that form for a long time. I could say something along the lines of Michael Ricketts looked good 7 years ago, lets give him a go? I'd rather we looked for someone who is either a young talent or someone who has proved, recently, that he has the scoring touch.

We're just going round in circles now so I'm just going to finally add good luck in the future Leon, hope you do turn things round and I'm sure your kids will be proud of you.

i can play again
scoring goals is natural to me so that aint a problem
and after i show my worth in training or in games if it was to happen
im sure i wont be on the bench for long
thanks anyway for the post

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
A risk?

A free transfer,a player in his prime and a natural goal scorer?

LK who has come on here to chat with fans and judging by the feedback no sign of a bad attitude?

A player who is easily capable of hitting 20 goals in a season?

Doesn't sound much like a risk to me.

YOUR spot on mate SPOT ON

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
New management team,a new chairman,why not?

management team with oatway on it - who will know full well just went on last time

poyet has slung out all of the players who were rumoured to be troublemakers or not team players which indicates he wont stand for any tomfoolery - if he asks oatway or anyone else for that matter who remembers knight from before, then i just cannot see him taking him on

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
management team with oatway on it - who will know full well just went on last time

poyet has slung out all of the players who were rumoured to be troublemakers or not team players which indicates he wont stand for any tomfoolery - if he asks oatway or anyone else for that matter who remembers knight from before, then i just cannot see him taking him on
Come on Scotty i do hate these rumours. Remember the rumour about McGhee being racist? They are just roumours mate.

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
leon be honest and did u come on here looking for a re-trail?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just out of interest, do you ever sit in H block? My season ticket is there and every time I utter a slight dissatisfaction that Hart is coming on I get berated by someone called 'Beanie' (I think) and that guy who shakes the noisy 'thing'.

My point is he seems immune to criticism. And I agree, Knight would hopefully score goals again here and DEFO more than Hart.

I don't no, but I know who you mean from the pub.

I sit on the edge of C and D block and the Hart-tinted specs are just as evident round there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here