leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Well, let's hope so ... I find this whole episode truly bizarre.

Presumably, if Peter Sutcliffe turned up on NSC offering to chat to anybody about killing women, he'd suddenly be a good bloke and should be let out at once.

Quite a wrong comparison, and perhaps slightly offensive even.

Leon Knight is/was a gifted footballer, who scored the goals that got us promoted to the Championship. What let him down was a percieved air of arrogance and a bit of an attitude. Surely if he has now matured and is/has solved those problems, he would be worth a look at? But whatever the situation, please do not compare a serial killer with someone who merely had/has an attitude problem.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well, let's hope so ... I find this whole episode truly bizarre.

Presumably, if Peter Sutcliffe turned up on NSC offering to chat to anybody about killing women, he'd suddenly be a good bloke and should be let out at once.

That is bizarre.

He is a footballer that looks to have grown up a little - and recognised it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quite a wrong comparison, and perhaps slightly offensive even.

Leon Knight is/was a gifted footballer, who scored the goals that got us promoted to the Championship. What let him down was a percieved air of arrogance and a bit of an attitude. Surely if he has now matured and is/has solved those problems, he would be worth a look at? But whatever the situation, please do not compare a serial killer with someone who merely had/has an attitude problem.

:wozza:

I'm obviously not really comparing a wayward striker with a serial killer, that would be absurd.

But I do want to highlight the fact that someone who was castigated for his disruptive influence and lack of application can suddenly find that by posting on NSC can find all his sins washed away. I find that totally ludicrous.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

I'm obviously not really comparing a wayward striker with a serial killer, that would be absurd.

But I do want to highlight the fact that someone who was castigated for his disruptive influence and lack of application can suddenly find that by posting on NSC can find all his sins washed away. I find that totally ludicrous.

I can reveal it's ACTUALLY Ian WRIGHT, just winding you up again after all these years.

Trust me...

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Surely there's still a massive difference between the two comparisons on a more basic level though- that one committed acts, whilst the other merely had a bit of an attitude problem. The latter problem is one that can be fixed, especially with maturity- whereas the former, acts, are much harder to forgive and forget.

Leon didn't commit an act against the club, to the best of my knowledge anyway. He just had an air of arrogance- and if you've met any young footballer you'll know that is commonplace. If that attitude was now sorted (and he certainly seems more mature by his replies), I would be willing to have a look at him as a player.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Er,..... no.

Completely the opposite, in fact. People are playing down his issues.

I'd say there are two extremes. But then, I can't remember all these incidents that people keep implying towards.. And the season we got relegated, the team spirit was shot to bits anyway. Now you could solely blame Leon Knight for this, perhaps none of us have the relevent information to make an informed decision on it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Trying to bring a bit of reasonability into it- surely you agree his attitude problems have been overhyped since his departure?

You mean over-hyped due to the fact that he's fallen out with and been kicked out of every club he's been at since he left The Albion but since he's orchestrated a Leon Lickathon on here that wasn't how it happened? Now I see...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The ONLY trial Knight should get is one in the CROWN court, DUE to this TOSSERS attitude was one of the REASONS we got RELEGATED and I wish he would f*** off to a club where he is WANTED

Hark back to 20th November 2005: Albion v Palace at Withdean.

I believe Leon the Pig-Farmer scored twice, and so did Dougie "Legend" Feedman.

Advance 4 and a bit years;

Dougie Freedman is now assistant manager at Palace and helped keep them in the Championship last season - from the touchline anyway.

Leon Knight...as they say, "Compare and Contrast".

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
You mean over-hyped due to the fact that he's fallen out with and been kicked out of every club he's been at since he left The Albion but since he's orchestrated a Leon Lickathon on here that wasn't how it happened? Now I see...

As I wrote (probably around post 400 now!)

When a spiral starts, it's difficult to stop. As a young, hot property after scoring the goals that won us promotion, he attracted a lot of praise, attention and responsibility. How does a young player deal with this? How would you, yourself sir, deal with this as a young person? There are many ways- the best players in the world are the ones who get on and keep working hard with their heads down. Unfortunately it is too tempting for some to get caught up in it all.. Once you end up at what are tinpot clubs with a chip on your shoulder, it can be hard to get out of.

Regardless of what people say, I hope he can resurrect his career.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
İbrahim Tatlıses;3619013 said:
Knight has been our most exciting striker since Zamora. It's not that we are arse-licking, but after this extraordinary turn of events it's nice to imagine him making a fairytale return to the Albion as a new man - and start banging them in and taking us up just like last time.

Stranger things have indeed happened.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As I wrote (probably around post 400 now!)

When a spiral starts, it's difficult to stop. As a young, hot property after scoring the goals that won us promotion, he attracted a lot of praise, attention and responsibility. How does a young player deal with this? How would you, yourself sir, deal with this as a young person? There are many ways- the best players in the world are the ones who get on and keep working hard with their heads down. Unfortunately it is too tempting for some to get caught up in it all.. Once you end up at what are tinpot clubs with a chip on your shoulder, it can be hard to get out of.

Regardless of what people say, I hope he can resurrect his career.

Quite right. I doubt it will be with us. But we should all be able to change, and sometimes other people have to let it happen instead of preferring to fight the same old battles.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
İbrahim Tatlıses;3619013 said:
it's nice to imagine him making a fairytale return to the Albion as a new man - and start banging them in and taking us up just like last time.

You'd need a VERY furtive imagination then.
A quick look at Leons career and goal stats since he left us would, I fear, bring the reality crashing back into the picture.

The only 'fairytale return' I can see would be a Grimm one.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I LOVED Leon.

But I think the biggest factor for me is that Steve Coppell - who is the only manager to ever really get the best out of him - has never tried to re-sign him.

That said, a trial could not possibly hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports