Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
NOT being big headed but you will not find anoter forward who is gonna score 27+ right now
there all signed up so what ur talking about albion need more you aint gonna find it

that is true, which is why you should sign for COWDENBEATH where you SHOULD score 25+ :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
89 games and 14 goals since he left Swansea, thats does'nt scream 20-25 goals a season striker we need for 2010/11 season does it!!!

It does if you're a 16 year old star struck Leon licker.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
contact mark yates at cheltenham leon - they are looking for a striker

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Leon mate, thanks for Cardif... I was at a beach party in Hawaii at the time, and the Yanks didn't know what had hit em when you banged in that pen! Cheers for the memories and good luck in the future... try and be a bit more humble and modest though mate, occasionally!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
NOT being big headed but you will not find anoter forward who is gonna score 27+ right now
there all signed up so what ur talking about albion need more you aint gonna find it
Obviously you would have noticed that bha fc are a lot wealthier than a few years ago and are on the verge of great things and big crowds.Plenty of money in the kitty but gus is rather fussy and wants the right players.

I would presume because of your past you must get REJECTED a lot,but like i've said you're in your prime and still can crack it.

You must of contacted many clubs surely????

I would give you another crack as there is nout to lose:thumbsup:

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Leon, just want to say cheers for the good times and hope you can get things back on track.Dig really deep and accept an offer in english football as high level as you can. Work really hard and prove to yourself (not others) that you can enjoy your football again because that's what really matters. Your confidence will come back and you'll play with the fire you had in your spell at Brighton. What ever you do - don't give up! Peace x

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Why are some people so bitter? What did he actually do wrong to 'us' other than a few words. Get over yourselves FFS.
Even if his fall from the leagues is all his own fault, and even if you feel he had or has a bad attitude, and may have got what was coming. Is there really any need to wollow in it, and continue to abuse him?
I can only presume you are the same idiots who shout and moan at withdean when we keep the ball rather than HOOFING it.
Go away and read the big brother threads or something cos your outpouring of bitterness really more suits them.
Cue ass kisser comments......go ahead.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly this. That is if he wants a trial of course.

I think that should be "If we want to offer him a trial" don't you? Thankfully we still have people at the club who know him of old and the likelihood of LK getting a trial are less than my chances.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Stu, did you not watch the following season (after the penalty) and hear about his supposed misbehaviour?

My mild dislike of Leon has diminished somewhat (but not totally). I was angry that he screwed things up for himself and the club, but I am willing to feel some sympathy towards him as he clearly made some huge mistakes. Whether he has learned from them is another thing. We shall have to wait and see where and when he next plays and whether LK is going to finish his career on a low or a high note.

I do wish him well and hope he does make a go of it, but I am still slightly bitter about his apparent lack of application towards the end of his tenure at Brighton. We deserved better.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I missed the apology on here, can someone direct me towards it ? All I can see is something along the lines of "I'm only guilty of speaking my mind...".

Well on the basis of the amount of clubs he has been through I'd imagine it may be either time to keep the mouth shut or better still start thinking about different things....

Everyone deserves a second chance and I do wish him all the best. He's going to have to put in a lot of work to regain the form he was in with us and I'd imagine it starts somewhere else than posting on here.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why are some people so bitter? What did he actually do wrong to 'us' other than a few words. .

So the negative influence on the team before he was shipped out to Swansea was "a few words was it?". Carry on licking.

I can't really see how people can justify slagging Leon off for his time at the Albion. If it has gone wrong for him at any stage of his career it was after Swansea and while at Brighton he caused minimal damage to the team, apart from score over 20 goals and the winning goal in the Play-Off final!

If people are basing their keyboard warrior hatred of him on a silly little thing he said in a newspaper article then I feel that is plain stupid and people who dislike him for what he has supposedly done at other clubs well, I couldn't give a shit personally what he has done at other clubs. He may have caused a bit of fuss towards the end of his stay at the Albion but Knight was and is a striker and not a winger, which is where we were playing him.

All I remember of Leon knight is good times, a good squad and manager, a fantastic day at the millennium stadium and promotion. I may be looking at him through rose tinted spectacle's but Leon seems to be a top bloke and a guy that reminds me of good times at the club.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Why are some people so bitter? What did he actually do wrong to 'us' other than a few words. Get over yourselves FFS.
Even if his fall from the leagues is all his own fault, and even if you feel he had or has a bad attitude, and may have got what was coming. Is there really any need to wollow in it, and continue to abuse him?
I can only presume you are the same idiots who shout and moan at withdean when we keep the ball rather than HOOFING it.
Go away and read the big brother threads or something cos your outpouring of bitterness really more suits them.

Are people bitter? I have no problem with Leon Knight. He is not a relevant person or footballer in my life. I'm utterly indifferent towards him. He did okay for us (1 goal every 3 games - WOW), and less well elsewhere. Fair play to him for coming on here to apologise, although he still doesn't appear to acknowledge that he is the one and only person responsible for the demise of his career.

It is when people start suggesting we get him back for a trial that I have a problem. It is utterly f***ing ridiculous. I would say the same if people were begging Daniel Webb, Bas Savage, Alex Revell or Shaun Wilkinson to come back. Its embarrassing and some of you need to get a grip.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Are people bitter? I have no problem with Leon Knight. He is not a relevant person or footballer in my life. I'm utterly indifferent towards him. He did okay for us (1 goal every 3 games - WOW), and less well elsewhere. Fair play to him for coming on here to apologise, although he still doesn't appear to acknowledge that he is the one and only person responsible for the demise of his career.

It is when people start suggesting we get him back for a trial that I have a problem. It is utterly f***ing ridiculous. I would say the same if people were begging Daniel Webb, Bas Savage, Alex Revell or Shaun Wilkinson to come back. Its embarrassing and some of you need to get a grip.

Spot on CC and it's very rarely that I agree with you about anything.

LK has come on here and apologised-credit to him for that but that's where it should stop. His goal scoring record for us of 1 in 3 games does not suggest that he's what we're looking for right now. Good luck to him in the future at whatever club he may find himself at. The LK chapter of the Albion's history was closed a long time ago.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
been an interesting read this thread....i've great memories of Leon, always will be one of my favourite Albion players, loved to watch him play (even on the wing as he was a great crosser of the ball).... then when he left he made himself an excellent Comedy Villian (just like our friend Mr McGliesh) and i love that in football (i remember booing and shouting abuse when i went to a swansea game, not against the albion).

as for being disliked by his team mates or managers, i couldn't care less. if i sat down with most footballers (who are frankly spolit brats shielded from the "real" working world) i doubt i'd like them! to fans it's only what they do on the pitch that matters. and he did the business for us, regardless of how poorly he did after leaving.

why couldn't the abion offer an explayer (who did very well for us), who is unattached and looking to find a club, the opportunity to train with the team? not even a trial, just as a gesture of goodwill? i'm sure we've done that for other players?

perhaps it might mend a few bridges even (oatway etc)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

:facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
been an interesting read this thread....i've great memories of Leon, always will be one of my favourite Albion players, loved to watch him play (even on the wing as he was a great crosser of the ball).... then when he left he made himself an excellent Comedy Villian (just like our friend Mr McGliesh) and i love that in football (i remember booing and shouting abuse when i went to a swansea game, not against the albion).

as for being disliked by his team mates or managers, i couldn't care less. if i sat down with most footballers (who are frankly spolit brats shielded from the "real" working world) i doubt i'd like them! to fans it's only what they do on the pitch that matters. and he did the business for us, regardless of how poorly he did after leaving.

why couldn't the abion offer an explayer (who did very well for us), who is unattached and looking to find a club, the opportunity to train with the team? not even a trial, just as a gesture of goodwill? i'm sure we've done that for other players?

perhaps it might mend a few bridges even (oatway etc)

You think the club owes him something? After all the whirlwind of CHAOS which followed him around off the pitch, in the dressing room, at the club offices amongst the playing staff, the club staff and the management thanks to that little twat, you think he's worth re-considering?

You want to forget all that for the sake of 'goodwill'? I don't think that there is enough goodwill contained within anyone's lifetime that would be required to be paid back by him before the club makes any overtures towards him.

Jesus.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
You think the club owes him something? After all the whirlwind of CHAOS which followed him around off the pitch, in the dressing room, at the club offices amongst the playing staff, the club staff and the management thanks to that little twat, you think he's worth re-considering?

You want to forget all that for the sake of 'goodwill'? I don't think that there is enough goodwill contained within anyone's lifetime that would be required to be paid back by him before the club makes any overtures towards him.

Jesus.

bit over the top mate - never heard of redemption? second chances? and in fact, we may owe him something, in that without his 27 goals we may not have been promoted that season. besides, your description of chaos is a bit OTT surely. he hardly shot anybody did he? so "jesus" back to you with knobs on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here