Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
bit over the top mate - never heard of redemption? second chances? and in fact, we may owe him something, in that without his 27 goals we may not have been promoted that season. besides, your description of chaos is a bit OTT surely. he hardly shot anybody did he? so "jesus" back to you with knobs on!

It's true, he did very well for one season, and his goals did ensure us promotion - but that does not buy him an advance pardon for his persistent chaos, disruption and attitude.

My summary was not over the top at all. In fact, it was quite measured compared to what he really is to Brighton & Hove Albion. The club stood by him time and time and time and time again, when most professionals would have been turfed out long before he was. He had his chances at redemption, and bollocksed up each and every one of them.

The club owes him nothing.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lets get this right. A once, fairly decent footballer posts on a supporters board, tell the posters how good he once was and will be there again. Now give me strength!

Mr Knight is still sitting as a keyboard warrior and I suspect he has no personal management, and no one wants to touch him in the game. Oh yes, he also cannot afford to buy himself out of his previous contract.

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
Lets get this right. A once, fairly decent footballer posts on a supporters board, tell the posters how good he once was and will be there again. Now give me strength!

Mr Knight is still sitting as a keyboard warrior and I suspect he has no personal management, and no one wants to touch him in the game. Oh yes, he also cannot afford to buy himself out of his previous contract.

buy myself out my previous contract huh ???? ......... they wanted the signing on fee that they gave me BACK and because i said no they held my registration in order to get it back .... has nothing to do with buying myself out of any sort of contract once again you nothing but are commenting get the facts right pally.

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
You think the club owes him something? After all the whirlwind of CHAOS which followed him around off the pitch, in the dressing room, at the club offices amongst the playing staff, the club staff and the management thanks to that little twat, you think he's worth re-considering?

You want to forget all that for the sake of 'goodwill'? I don't think that there is enough goodwill contained within anyone's lifetime that would be required to be paid back by him before the club makes any overtures towards him.

Jesus.

do me a favour mate and go to sleep
get the facts right then come back to me
your going off hear say thats really sad !!

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Respect to Leon for the interview and coming on here, Would like to see him get a trial and if he's got the love back for the game then hopefully he can reproduce the kinda form he showed when he was here helping us getting promoted, Never forget the play off final winning goal! Good luck Leon

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You know what, Leon pissed me off when he made those comments when he went to Swansea.

However I can't say I've given it a moments thought since. Of course, if he had come back and played against us I'd have heckled him like anything. That's football.

It's exactly what's going to happen to Dean Hammond next season. He took out his ill feeling towards the club on the fans last season and he's gonna get a torrid time this season.

However, there's been so many rumours about how Dean was forced out of the club and so on. No one really knows what to believe do they. I doubt his reaction to scoring last season was really against the fans. I suspect is down to the way he felt screwed over by the club.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna cut Dean any slack next season. That's part of football. Any player who disrespects their old club knows exactly what they have in store for them.

But there's a difference between the tribal mentality at football and real life. Leon's come on here to say sorry and I respect him for that. It's so easy to slag people off but unless you've lived that person's life and been through their experiences who are we to really comment?

I thought the comment earlier along the lines of "how dare you fall out of love with the game" a bit naieve really. I worked with a guy who used to play with Leon at QPR. Leon may not remember him because the lad was a scholar/first year pro at the time and only made a handful of first team apperances.

If this lad had wanted, he could still be playing football at a reasonable standard now. However he fell out of love with it, and he's not the only one. Just because you're good at something and other people would love to do it, doesn't mean you must love it all the time. We're all human and affected by different things.

I don't know Leon. I don't know what happend at the clubs he was at. I don't really care either. I'm more concerned with my own life! I kinda think it's bit sad to bear such a grudge against him. I've got far more important things to worry about! However, if he wants to come on here and say sorry. Cool, fair play to him. If he comes to a game or plays in REMF or whatever I'll give him a clap instead of booing now. If that makes a mug or something, fine, I don't really care!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
You know what, Leon pissed me off when he made those comments when he went to Swansea.

However I can't say I've given it a moments thought since. Of course, if he had come back and played against us I'd have heckled him like anything. That's football.

It's exactly what's going to happen to Dean Hammond next season. He took out his ill feeling towards the club on the fans last season and he's gonna get a torrid time this season.

However, there's been so many rumours about how Dean was forced out of the club and so on. No one really knows what to believe do they. I doubt his reaction to scoring last season was really against the fans. I suspect is down to the way he felt screwed over by the club.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna cut Dean any slack next season. That's part of football. Any player who disrespects their old club knows exactly what they have in store for them.

But there's a difference between the tribal mentality at football and real life. Leon's come on here to say sorry and I respect him for that. It's so easy to slag people off but unless you've lived that person's life and been through their experiences who are we to really comment?

I thought the comment earlier along the lines of "how dare you fall out of love with the game" a bit naieve really. I worked with a guy who used to play with Leon at QPR. Leon may not remember him because the lad was a scholar/first year pro at the time and only made a handful of first team apperances.

If this lad had wanted, he could still be playing football at a reasonable standard now. However he fell out of love with it, and he's not the only one. Just because you're good at something and other people would love to do it, doesn't mean you must love it all the time. We're all human and affected by different things.

I don't know Leon. I don't know what happend at the clubs he was at. I don't really care either. I'm more concerned with my own life! I kinda think it's bit sad to bear such a grudge against him. I've got far more important things to worry about! However, if he wants to come on here and say sorry. Cool, fair play to him. If he comes to a game or plays in REMF or whatever I'll give him a clap instead of booing now. If that makes a mug or something, fine, I don't really care!

I have to say, I agree with every word there, nice response!
:thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have a good question (not as good as the 'What really happened when you got TURFED off the bus one which Leon seems to have overlooked).

Here it is:

As much as I have enjoyed this have you REALLY got nothing better to do than come on here?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Leon. Are the rumours true that you and Shaggy are uniting forces to do a cover of his popular hit "It wasn't me, (it was chippy) , (it was kenny), (it was McGhee) , (it was Charlie), (it was Swansea), (it was signing-on fee), (it was Barnsley), (it was chelsea), (it was Wednesday)" ?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
However, if he wants to come on here and say sorry. Cool, fair play to him. If he comes to a game or plays in REMF or whatever I'll give him a clap instead of booing now. If that makes a mug or something, fine, I don't really care!

thats one thing, but i think alot abuse here is in reaction to some people calling for him to have a trail or some such, like its all forgetten along with his form since. i think it would be a great idea for Leon to turn up for a REMF match, but do so as a player for another club, needs to move on with his life not look back to 6/7 years ago.

Think what you like of the man but is there really any need for the personal abuse? :shrug: Calling him a twat and the like is low.

I'd welcome any ex-Albion player on here, yeah even Hammond, I don't like him much right now but it's always interesting to hear what goes on behind the scenes. How cool is it having Butters join in on the fun and games with us here?

I for one hope Leon isn't put off visiting us again in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here