Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So when Cafu makes himself manager on FM2010 he will sign LK as he thinks he is a good striker ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dazza, How do you know Leon? Was it random that he emailed you the proof or did he know you from before? (sorry if been mentioned before couldnt be arsed to read through all the pages)

If he's the bloke I think he is - Leon emailed him by mistake when he meant to email me. We're both called Darren, GMail did the rest when he started typing.

This other Darren was amongst Leon's GMail addresses having emailed him the following:

Is it real your posts?

Regards

Darren

...having, presumably, picked up Leon's email address when he posted it on here.

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
Dazza, How do you know Leon? Was it random that he emailed you the proof or did he know you from before? (sorry if been mentioned before couldnt be arsed to read through all the pages)

Hey jim was random mistake he thought i was Darren of NSC .

never knew him do now as we started talking on the phone then since have met, i have a few contacts so been trying to help him out as i know the blooms and have good contacts with Barnet.I know about Andy naylors inteview friday as i arranged it.

thats about it. other then there are few clubs we have made contact with.
hope that helps

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You know what, Leon pissed me off when he made those comments when he went to Swansea.

However I can't say I've given it a moments thought since. Of course, if he had come back and played against us I'd have heckled him like anything. That's football.

It's exactly what's going to happen to Dean Hammond next season. He took out his ill feeling towards the club on the fans last season and he's gonna get a torrid time this season.

However, there's been so many rumours about how Dean was forced out of the club and so on. No one really knows what to believe do they. I doubt his reaction to scoring last season was really against the fans. I suspect is down to the way he felt screwed over by the club.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna cut Dean any slack next season. That's part of football. Any player who disrespects their old club knows exactly what they have in store for them.

But there's a difference between the tribal mentality at football and real life. Leon's come on here to say sorry and I respect him for that. It's so easy to slag people off but unless you've lived that person's life and been through their experiences who are we to really comment?

I thought the comment earlier along the lines of "how dare you fall out of love with the game" a bit naieve really. I worked with a guy who used to play with Leon at QPR. Leon may not remember him because the lad was a scholar/first year pro at the time and only made a handful of first team apperances.

If this lad had wanted, he could still be playing football at a reasonable standard now. However he fell out of love with it, and he's not the only one. Just because you're good at something and other people would love to do it, doesn't mean you must love it all the time. We're all human and affected by different things.

I don't know Leon. I don't know what happend at the clubs he was at. I don't really care either. I'm more concerned with my own life! I kinda think it's bit sad to bear such a grudge against him. I've got far more important things to worry about! However, if he wants to come on here and say sorry. Cool, fair play to him. If he comes to a game or plays in REMF or whatever I'll give him a clap instead of booing now. If that makes a mug or something, fine, I don't really care!

Spot on.

Leon who ? Oh yeah he played for us once..........

Next

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Leon who ...... ????
Leon knight mate that's who lol

You know what i mean Leon, players come and go from clubs. Its not personal as its not with you. I follow a Club not a player, You look out for yourself and will play your best for the club of your choice at the time. I am hardly concerned what Craig maskell, Kurt Nogan, Gary Nelson are doing now im still following this damn football team and many more players will pass through I will be damned if care what they do once they have left the Albion, you understand. Anyway thanks for goal at Cardiff OH how I Loved you for at least a week after that :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for your posts Leon. I have great memories of you playing for the albion, obviously including the trip to Cardiff. You’ve clearly learned a lot about yourself and what you need from a club – I hope you can find such a club, because although you’re happy with your life right now, you’re still young and may well regret it if you don’t get to play for a club you like again.

Good luck

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
You know what i mean Leon, players come and go from clubs. Its not personal as its not with you. I follow a Club not a player, You look out for yourself and will play your best for the club of your choice at the time. I am hardly concerned what Craig maskell, Kurt Nogan, Gary Nelson are doing now im still following this damn football team and many more players will pass through I will be damned if care what they do once they have left the Albion, you understand. Anyway thanks for goal at Cardiff OH how I Loved you for at least a week after that :thumbsup:

Agree 100%.... that's why the likes of OGH, Kerry Mayo, FDM and Dean Wilkins and quite a lot more will always be Albion legends, not because they scored bags full of goals, but because they were in with the bricks and sweated for the club for years on end .... even though Wilkins is now at Southampton, he is still Albion.
Leon, you were a great player for us, but like many many before and since have been and gone. I wish you all the very best for the rest of your career ... and more importantly (cos it is more important) your life outside soccer too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here