leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
To be fair McGhee fell out with more than just one player. I seem to remember a whole host of fall outs during his time as manager so for once I'm with leon on this one.

McGhee? Not a real football man? But then LK does have the last word on how to behave like a real man so I stand (or sit if I want to) corrected.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Whereas Leon never had a problem with any other manager in his career of course.

LK is probably the most unprofessional "professional" we have ever had at the Albion I reckon. Complete basket case. Nutjob.

exactly.

sacked or 'asked to leave' or even SUED by about 4 clubs since us.

How can ANYONE have sympathy for him is beyond belief.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Whereas Leon never had a problem with any other manager in his career of course.

LK is probably the most unprofessional "professional" we have ever had at the Albion I reckon. Complete basket case. Nutjob.

I agree that LK must be a difficult chap to get on with but I just meant that I don't think it was as one sided as many on here may think. McGhee comes across as a complete twat at times. I wasn't commenting on the "Real football man" comment though as I do think McGhee is a very passionate football manager. I just don't think man management is one of his strong points.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree that LK must be a difficult chap to get on with but I just meant that I don't think it was as one sided as many on here may think. McGhee comes across as a complete twat at times. I wasn't commenting on the "Real football man" comment though as I do think McGhee is a very passionate football manager.

I'd be more inclined to subscribe to the theory that it was Leon being the complete twat though, as opposed to McGhee. The list of evidence is fairly damning.

Leon is still like a petulant child, he never grew up. He simply cannot accept the idea of authority, of being told what to do. Thats why he never really made it properly as a pro, never fulfilled his talent, and never will.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I'd be more inclined to subscribe to the theory that it was Leon being the complete twat though, as opposed to McGhee. The list of evidence is fairly damning.

Leon is still like a petulant child, he never grew up. He simply cannot accept the idea of authority, of being told what to do. Thats why he never really made it properly as a pro, never fulfilled his talent, and never will.

Its a shame but I agree that he has been his own downfall career wise. Incredible talent ruined by a crappy attitude. All I was saying was I agree with LK what McGhee is a power trip kinda guy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree that LK must be a difficult chap to get on with but I just meant that I don't think it was as one sided as many on here may think. McGhee comes across as a complete twat at times. I wasn't commenting on the "Real football man" comment though as I do think McGhee is a very passionate football manager. I just don't think man management is one of his strong points.

Exactly how many managers and clubs does he need to fall out with until you get the message. Another 10 ?

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
Leon Knight
Peterborough United
by TheNewNealeFenn (U12475422) 06 January 2011

Leon Knight has been offered a contract from a mystery L1 team. He's a proven goal-scorer at this level and could be a decent replacement for McLean. We would have to agree a fee with Rushden (although he's now playing in Ireland), but it shouldn't be too large.

Oh dear - should someone tell them.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
From Twitter today:

"I remember one manager I had said to me get to my office and sit ur arse dwn I had to look at him and ask him are u my mum my dad or god if I wanna stand ill stand .... Power trip managers ... Ok ok ok ur manager but show respect and u will get it back like ie steve coppell , lou macari , joe jordan , real football men I've worked with".

That kind of fits with what I've been told about Leon from someone who has known him since he was a young lad. I was told that basically Leon doesn't always settle in a dressing room because his father brought him up to be respectful, and expects others to respect him, which is surely a GOOD thing. Unfortunately, some of the ways of the dressing room, whether it be a bawling manager or players boasting about various women, just don't sit well with Leon, who does think that is a respectful way to talk to, or about, people.

If anyone has worked in a male dominated, high testosterone, environment, it's very hard to speak up when you think people have over-stepped the mark as regards what you think is an acceptable way to talk, without putting yourself on the outside at the very least. Leon would seem to be one who speaks out.

Obviously this came from someone who is very pro-Leon, but to add a bit of balance, he also knew McGhee pretty well, and spoke well of him, and completely refuted any sort of racist side to him (there was plenty of silly talk around here about MM falling out with all the black players), but did say that he could see how the two would fall-out because of their different characteristics.

If there is any sort of truth in that - and I think there is at least some - then football is going to throw up a lot of managers and dressing rooms that Leon falls out with.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
and being asked to sit down by your manager in any job and refusing is respectful?

Yup...................I can see why he had problems

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
and being asked to sit down by your manager in any job and refusing is respectful?

Yup...................I can see why he had problems

All in the tome though isn't it, which you can't really get from teh writted word all that well. I didn't see anywhere that he refused to sit down, just took exception to the way he was spoken to.

Not saying he's right, or wrong, just trying to offer another slant on the much raked over story of Leon.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is this the same respectful Leon that was forced out of a club (R&D) because he didnt return cars belonging to the club?

REEEESPECK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports