Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Leon Knight
Peterborough United
by TheNewNealeFenn (U12475422) 06 January 2011

Leon Knight has been offered a contract from a mystery L1 team. He's a proven goal-scorer at this level and could be a decent replacement for McLean. We would have to agree a fee with Rushden (although he's now playing in Ireland), but it shouldn't be too large.

Oh dear - should someone tell them.

Mental.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Leon Knight
Peterborough United
by TheNewNealeFenn (U12475422) 06 January 2011

Leon Knight has been offered a contract from a mystery L1 team. He's a proven goal-scorer at this level and could be a decent replacement for McLean. We would have to agree a fee with Rushden (although he's now playing in Ireland), but it shouldn't be too large.

Oh dear - should someone tell them.

Oh dear. :facepalm:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All in the tome though isn't it, which you can't really get from teh writted word all that well. I didn't see anywhere that he refused to sit down, just took exception to the way he was spoken to.

Not saying he's right, or wrong, just trying to offer another slant on the much raked over story of Leon.

I'm not here to praise or bury Leon but 13 clubs by the time you are 27 does suggest he has issues settling down.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just heard a whisper that Father Ted has signed Leon to play for the Craggy Island Priest XI.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
"Leon Leroy Knight (born 16 September 1982 in Hackney, London) was an English professional footballer. Knight started his career with Chelsea but played just one game for them before spending time on loan at four different clubs. He then moved permanently to Brighton & Hove Albion after four years at Chelsea. He also played for five other English league sides, before a dispute with Rushden & Diamonds saw him sacked and unable to play in England for another three years. He has since played in Greece, Scotland, Wales, Albania, Estonia, Quatar, Nepal, Norway, Nigeria, New Zealand, Northern ireland and now Neath."

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
"Leon Leroy Knight (born 16 September 1982 in Hackney, London) was an English professional footballer. Knight started his career with Chelsea but played just one game for them before spending time on loan at four different clubs. He then moved permanently to Brighton & Hove Albion after four years at Chelsea. He also played for five other English league sides, before a dispute with Rushden & Diamonds saw him sacked and unable to play in England for another three years. He has since played in Greece, Scotland, Wales, Albania, Estonia, Quatar, Nepal, Norway, Nigeria, New Zealand, Northern ireland and now Neath."

I think this the true analagy of a 'journeyman' player.

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
from Coleraine fans !

That sounds good, to be honest we were resigned to losing him at the end of the season anyway. It is fair to say Leon has made a huge impact here in Coleraine not just goals wise but in general with his easy going nature and ability to integrate with the fans. He already is an honourary Ulsterman lol

Hope you can sort this out , we always knew Leon would only be here for this season but as been said he has left a lasting impression on us all ,not only on the pitch but with his attitude and friendliness off it.
He will always be welcomed as one of our own.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Leon on twitter:

@LeonKnight82 "I see I'm still being spoke about on north stand chat 207,609 views on my thread :) some of the comments make me laugh"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...his easy going nature and ability to integrate with the fans. He already is an honourary Ulsterman lol

... his attitude and friendliness off it.

are they being ironic, or have they got a different Leon Knight, or is there something in the water in Coleraine?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Leon on twitter:

@LeonKnight82 "I see I'm still being spoke about on north stand chat 207,609 views on my thread :) some of the comments make me laugh"

...not that he's self-obsessed or anything.

I bet he's bookmarked a Google search of his name, and has this permanently open in another window on constant 'refresh'.

happyOsama

Jan 7, 2011
are they being ironic, or have they got a different Leon Knight, or is there something in the water in Coleraine?

Bearing in mind there was no water in Coleraine for 7 days!
However since Leon has come to our wee club he really has proved his worth. I believe he is also now living locally which in itself shows the commitment from him.
He has really hit it off with everyone and the fans love him even though we know its short term. The goals have been flying in from him. He's blue he's white he tweets all day and knight Leon Knight Leon Knight

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
However since Leon has come to our wee club he really has proved his worth. I believe he is also now living locally which in itself shows the commitment from him.
What else would he do, commute from south London? :lol:

I really can't understand how people are still so angry and bitter about Leon Knight though... let it go.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
He has really hit it off with everyone and the fans love him even though we know its short term. The goals have been flying in from him. He's blue he's white he tweets all day and knight Leon Knight Leon Knight

Good for you. Hope it works out for both sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here