[Travel] M25 road closure.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I believe that the closure is from 21-00 tonight until hopefully 06-00 Monday, does anyone have any idea and using the diversion route heading north bound what the actual travel situation is likely to be as we plan to exit J9 between 4-5am and rejoin at J10 ASAP.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I have to make the journey from Heathrow down to Eastbourne on Sunday morning so interested to hear the advice you get.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quicker going to Dover, ferry to Ostend and then coming back via Harwich than trying to follow diversions that everyone else also has to. Stay home. Or set off yesterday.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I believe that the closure is from 21-00 tonight until hopefully 06-00 Monday, does anyone have any idea and using the diversion route heading north bound what the actual travel situation is likely to be as we plan to exit J9 between 4-5am and rejoin at J10 ASAP.
Might be better taking A27 to Portsmouth and pick up A3 to Junction 10 or M3 to 11.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I cant see the inews website (and a 12ft ladder doesn't help this time) but does anyone know if i want to go from London to Hants on the A3, is it open straight through or is it the M25/A3 interchange bridge itself being repaired/changed..?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to pick up an old mate over from Aus at M40 Beaconsfield Services on Sunday. So do you reckon Guilford/Bracknell/Maidenhead should avoid the worst of it or should I go west via Petersfield/Basingstoke/Reading to be sure ?

(I'm in a normal car, not the mid life crisis, so the A272 to Winchester and up the M3 isn't really an option, although it's a magnificent drive :wink:)

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I cant see the inews website (and a 12ft ladder doesn't help this time) but does anyone know if i want to go from London to Hants on the A3, is it open straight through or is it the M25/A3 interchange bridge itself being repaired/changed..?
Yes, the A3 is open for through traffic going your way.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I have to pick up an old mate over from Aus at M40 Beaconsfield Services on Sunday. So do you reckon Guilford/Bracknell/Maidenhead should avoid the worst of it or should I go west via Petersfield/Basingstoke/Reading to be sure ?

(I'm in a normal car, not the mid life crisis, so the A272 to Winchester and up the M3 isn't really an option, although it's a magnificent drive :wink:)
GBM should be fine, but check waze or AA before you set off to make sure of that.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

What time of day? From the graffiti I have read in service station toilets the meeting details are often quite specific….

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Hit the diversion route Saturday at 21-45 at J9 a crawl to the first roundabout not helped by a brokedown vehicle on the L lane, Oxshott was solid 30mph traffic untill you turn L onto the By-pass you stay on the By-pass for around four miles, now we didn't take the diversion route when sign posted because two miles of bumper to bumper two lanes trying to exit the By-pass we drove another 1.5 miles to next roundabout and then came back on ourselves until we came to the roundabout where we didn't turn off but on the other side of that queueing traffic only to find out that division roundabout is controlled by traffic lights which appeared to be the cause of the delay?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Our travel time was around 30/35 minutes for the 9/10 mile diversion but remember this was 10pm and no HGV,s or coaches.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Had to drive to Oxford yesterday so I took a272 to Winchester and then up the a34.

Took 3 hours, but through beautiful countryside most of the way, and wasn’t held up once except for the odd slow tractor.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

If you bothered to search :rolleyes:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Had to drive to Oxford yesterday so I took a272 to Winchester and then up the a34.

Took 3 hours, but through beautiful countryside most of the way, and wasn’t held up once except for the odd slow tractor.

I've changed our pickup to Reading Services on M4 and doing the same route (as far as Petersfield). Make the most of the diversion with a lovely drive :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Amex, was fully aware of the situation even consided going anti-clockwise just left the return until later in the day. More closures are planned for the M25 i believe in 24 ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports