Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M27 advice

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I've heard from various traffic sites that the M27 has roadworks just before Portsmouth and somewhere near where it joins the M3.

Does anyone on here know if either is causing the motorway to be blocked or is it just a lane closed?

The reports are vague some say avoid the area whilst others just note they're there.

Cheers for any help.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I doubt the whole motorway is blocked.
It'll just be contraflow CENTRAL. Probably worth avoiding (but then Portsmouth always is).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From the section just past Portsmouth to just before the M3 there are I think 2 sections of roadworks. Both have the new average speed camera kit installed, and a speed limit of 40mph. The times I've been through there it's been clearly slow (40mph) but not congested.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Drove Eastbound on Friday evening and Westbound on Sunday evening and there were some roadworks but nothing that made any difference to our journey really.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Didn't think it was as bad as some of them said but wanted to check.:thumbsup:

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
Between Junction 12 at Portsmouth Junction 11 at Fareham there are roadworks to widen the motorway in both directions. It's a 50mph speed limit.

The roadworks at the other send start at the bit in between the M3 on & off slips. It carries on to beyond Junction 3 for the M271. Again this is a 50 mph, but I have been struggling to get up to 30 on my daily commute to Southampton :( Still, only another 8 days to go:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here