Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Are they trying to improve the acoustics in the east?
I'd heard the most of the East were eligible for free ear trumpets.

images.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
When the Amex was being built, I think someone posted on nsc that they’d guerilla seeded Echium vulgare on adjacent wasteland. Not you?
:blush:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Excuse my ignorance but what is going on in this pic? does the fanzone go down into this bit?
Sorry. My warped sense of humour!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have revisited all of the mockups and concluded that #gapgate be put on hold for now. I think it'll be about the same width as the one running the entire length of the West Stand.
But I think traffic is greater on the East side? I know the West is bigger but feels like quuite
Everyone realises that whilst it's still a novelty the new FanZone will be the cause of an even larger mass exodus on 80 mins as everyone wants to get in the queue!!
They will need to manage the queue very well because otherwise #gapgate will become a thing again. Hopefully entrances are the other end to THE GAP.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Paul Barber said this at Seagulls Over London on Monday.
- confirmed it will be free to enter
- for first time ( i think) said the cost was £7m
- two modes / closed / open depending on weather. 1000 capacity for former/2000 for open
- delayed but open in the "autumn"

How will the fan zone work? Paul said that in colder months it’ll hold around 1,000 people and will be specifically targeted for home fans with no admission fee, but in warmer weather it opens up at the sides and will cater for around double that number with lots of different food and drink options, live music and big screens offering a great viewing experience of live sport all the way through the season. With a £7m investment to pay back, the venue would also be utilised to its full potential between home matches. Moving a water pipe had slightly delayed the build but it will be ready for autumn. Paul added that we want to fill it for every home match to help alleviate issues around travelling in and out of the Amex.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Paul Barber said this at Seagulls Over London on Monday.
- confirmed it will be free to enter
- for first time ( i think) said the cost was £7m
- two modes / closed / open depending on weather. 1000 capacity for former/2000 for open
- delayed but open in the "autumn"

How will the fan zone work? Paul said that in colder months it’ll hold around 1,000 people and will be specifically targeted for home fans with no admission fee, but in warmer weather it opens up at the sides and will cater for around double that number with lots of different food and drink options, live music and big screens offering a great viewing experience of live sport all the way through the season. With a £7m investment to pay back, the venue would also be utilised to its full potential between home matches. Moving a water pipe had slightly delayed the build but it will be ready for autumn. Paul added that we want to fill it for every home match to help alleviate issues around travelling in and out of the Amex.
He also clarified that while there will not be a total ban on away fans they will not be able to enter in groups.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Away fans, surely not? Definitely not after the match, that would be a serious mistake.

Until the novelty wears off this will be a new 'empty seat' reason as people leave even earlier to be able to get to the front of the fan zone queue, I'm going with 75 mins.

The Palace game would be very interesting. Where are these 1,000 fans queueing then when Croydon's finest get marched past?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A great addition to the stadium facilities for less than half a Locadia

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PB would prefer all home supporters but wont care as long as they are spending
Ofc the club want this to make ££ , but that’s quite the £7m investment in facilities (shelter, toilets, screens, food/drink choice, comfort) . Perhaps it’s just a good faith decision to make things better for fans. Worth celebrating @amexer ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here