Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Not the richest, not the biggest but none are better

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Taking on a manager who had never been close to any club in the position Brighton were in, is taking a punt. He continued to show loyalty when we had a shocking run of games without a win. Added to which a shocking home record, one that he of such immense intelligence, couldn't fathom why a few people booed. He then showed his real side by making a stupid comment.

He in turn has shown no loyalty at all. The money you keep quoting is crap made up to try and explain your God's motive. Bruno and alike haven't suddenly got a 10 fold pay rise that's just pure toilet.

I know what TB thinks of Bruno's decision and it will take some doing for him to welcome him back in the future. He was undoubtedly being readied for the top job. Bloom is fuming. How do I know? Not by some source not known but by someone very much employed in the club.

Did Tony take a punt or did Tony know what he was doing? I'm always in the latter camp. Though naturally, you're partially right as any appointment is a bit of a punt.

As for the stupid comment made five minutes after a disappointing game, maybe GP thought Brighton fans had thicker skin than to moan about it for years but clearly he was wrong and I think he learnt a lesson.

Exactly how big the pay rise is difficult to know. Maybe we'll find out one day, probably not. Of course there is a chance that Bruno and Ben Roberts left Brighton only because they like Chelsea more, but I do think there was some money involved.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I simply do not believe you when you say you'd turn down $34 million a year to give up your season ticket and boo Chelsea for 90x2 minutes a week.

It’s not just that though is it? I define myself first and foremost as a Brighton fan. My mates are Brighton fans. My family are Brighton fans. The CEO of my company knows me as a Brighton fan and seeks me out for football discussions at lunch or on company dos because he’s fascinated with Bloom and the way he runs us.

Would I change who I am, who my friends are and what my family does for money? 100% no I wouldn’t. In fact I’d never be happy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I know what TB thinks of Bruno's decision and it will take some doing for him to welcome him back in the future. He was undoubtedly being readied for the top job. Bloom is fuming. How do I know? Not by some source not known but by someone very much employed in the club.

Thank you! This was exactly what I would have thought TBs point of view was on Bruno. Several posters going on about his 'legend' status meaning that the door will always be open for him.

Personally I can't see it. The magnitude of the shite he's left the club in cannot be under estimated. Especially when you consider how much money is involved in each league position, not to mention European competitions.

He's pissed all over his legend status for me. Just another mercenary ex-Brighton footballer now.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I look at this in my usual job lens. Its basically weighing up these things.

My boss
My career
My £
My work
My work life balance

You can argue...

Boss ? -
Career +
Money +
Work ? +
Work life balance ? -

Looks like 3-2 to Chelsea at the minimum. The chance to further your career with a stronger hand in shaping the outcome appeals a lot.

It hurts, sure, but I am not surprised at all. The only thing I'd have thought could have tipped it is the looming England job when Southgate fails.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Only because Potter offered them a job, he did not have to. As I said if he had an ounce of loyalty to TB he wouldn’t have done.
Were they forced to take the new jobs then?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thunder Bolt
Is it Ok for others to call Potter et al Judas etc for making business decisions that potentially enhance their futures?
Are they different to Brighton fans being upset by a comment?
You haven't commented on that or understand their mental health.

You are all judging them when their decisions are business decisions not fan based.

Please be consistent.

I am 56 and followed the Albion around the country and home since the age of 8. I feel let down by the individuals but understand the bigger picture.
What i don't like is Chelsea having been a club without scruples for years doing what they have done.
The clubs that wanted to join the super league still call the shots in the Premier league.
It leaves a bitter taste.

I haven’t called Potter a Judas, so I can’t answer for those posters.

Strangely, can Potter say he’s bettered himself, going to a team below us in the table? :wink:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Taking on a manager who had never been close to any club in the position Brighton were in, is taking a punt. He continued to show loyalty when we had a shocking run of games without a win.

Add to that the timing of Potter's appointment. The (ill-informed) perception nationwide was that the club had made an extraordinary and callous decision to get rid of Hughton. Bloom's reputation was very much on the line, yet he still took a route that carried significant risk.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When Bruno said 'once a Seagull, always a Seagull' it seemed from the heart

I believed him...

I guess I am just naive

Pontus Jansson is still a Malmö FF fan. Frequently goes to their games, participates in fan podcasts and what not. But he's playing for Brentford.

Prioritising your career over your feelings isn't unusual and it doesn't make what he says any less real.

If a Brighton fan moves from the Brighton area to abroad, thus perhaps ending their chance to go to every game, because it is a wise career move, are they no longer Brighton fans because they decided to make that move?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pontus Jansson is still a Malmö FF fan. Frequently goes to their games, participates in fan podcasts and what not. But he's playing for Brentford.

Prioritising your career over your feelings isn't unusual and it doesn't make what he says any less real.

If a Brighton fan moves from the Brighton area to abroad, thus perhaps ending their chance to go to every game, because it is a wise career move, are they no longer Brighton fans because they decided to make that move?

Nothing you post has any relevance to most of us, you have though exceeded most people's post count of 15 years plus in 3. That's some posting for someone who didn't even know about the club back then. You now try to tell us, supporters of this club, what we should think, act and agree with.

Bruno was being set up deliberately by this club, who have invested money and time into his progression, towards management. If you don't believe me go ask someone very close to the team and directors. You can't though as you don't have any such contacts. Some of us do and take it from me Bloom is more upset with Bruno and Roberts than your man going. That is a fact.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nothing you post has any relevance to most of us, you have though exceeded most people's post count of 15 years plus in 3. That's some posting for someone who didn't even know about the club back then. You now try to tell us, supporters of this club, what we should think, act and agree with.

Bruno was being set up deliberately by this club, who have invested money and time into his progression, towards management. If you don't believe me go ask someone very close to the team and directors. You can't though as you don't have any such contacts. Some of us do and take it from me Bloom is more upset with Bruno and Roberts than your man going. That is a fact.

No, you can think whatever the **** you're thinking and I can think whatever the **** I want to think about whatever you're thinking.

You give me your views, I give you mine. Same as always.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Hi Eric
You are totally correct.
I know my limits.
Can’t spend to much time with precious fans that live on here.
I prefer grounded real fans whether Brightons fans or others.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
I’ve upset the many thousand a of posts club.
How dare me.
Upwards and onwards chaps.
Will leave you to your superiority complexes

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unlike managers and players, some things about the Albion never change.

NSC - Home of the binfest :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

How come you don't offer the services of your Footballing Big Brain to the local team grappling with mid-table mediocrity about a mile or two from mum's basement? You could probably bluff it for a while off the back of a kindly-disposed chairman. Maybe even 'Do A Potter' and be promoted to the level of your mediocrity, with all the inevitable fallout when it inevitably all goes tits-up

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How come you don't offer the services of your Footballing Big Brain to the local team grappling with mid-table mediocrity about a mile or two from mum's basement? You could probably bluff it for a while off the back of a kindly-disposed chairman. Maybe even 'Do A Potter' and be promoted to the level of your mediocrity, with all the inevitable fallout when it inevitably all goes tits-up

Good question.

Probably for the same reason you haven't done what all your posts indicate you'd really want to do; cowardness.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good question.

Probably for the same reason you haven't done what all your posts indicate you'd really want to do; cowardness.

Seriously though, why not reach out to them? Pour your energies into a local project? You might just get a buzz out of it that you never thought you'd get

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here