Offsides

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Looking at my son's Match magazine yesterday made for interesting reading.
They have tables for most offsides and Top in Div 2 is Jack Lester of Chesterfield.
Div 1 makes even more interesting reading as we have a Striker who is top easilly with a valiant 42 times no other BHA player makes the top 8.
Who could the player be?
We will have to buy Lester as well.....a partnership made in heaven?

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
It frustrates me at games when I see the crowd get on the players backs when they are caught offside. Players like Murray and Forster who aren't particularly quick have to stay right on the shoulder of the defender. If they get caught offside four times to then time it perfectly once and score, I am more than happy with that.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It frustrates me at games when I see the crowd get on the players backs when they are caught offside. Players like Murray and Forster who aren't particularly quick have to stay right on the shoulder of the defender. If they get caught offside four times to then time it perfectly once and score, I am more than happy with that.

That's the point though isn't it, they are not on the shoulder of the last man, they are ahead of them.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think it is good that some players are constantly trying to beat the offside trap, gaining the extra yard is essential as long as they aren't offside every time... what worries me is players that seem unable to understand the offside rule (see Cardiff City's Jay Bothroyd).

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The problem is tho, particulary at this level the officials aree too slow & although admitedly most of their decisions are legitamate, clever players like Murray beat the trap only to be flagged time & time again.

Frustating

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Even watching on TV with replays it is very difficult to judge offside, I'm more than happy with our strikers and am just intersted in other peoples perspectives. Oh, by the way It was not Kuipers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports