Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh Come On Ye Faithfull

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Black Grape have reportedly reunited for their first gig in 12 years.
The group, fronted by Shaun Ryder following his exit from the Happy Mondays, will play London's Coronet Theatre on April 1 as part of the Get Loaded In The Dark event, NME reports.
Black Grape's reformation also comes ahead of the release of a Ryder greatest hits album, which is expected sometime this summer.
Speaking of the impending reunion, Ryder said: "It's great, it's interesting, it's part two. I've had a break and now I'm back to do it. [Fellow Black Grape member] Danny Saber and I have a great working relationship and the time is right."
The band came together in 1993 following the disintegration of Ryder's first outfit. Their original lineup also included Happy Mondays dancer and former Celebrity Big Brother winner Bez.
Black Grape parted ways in 1998 when Ryder fired the rest of the group while promoting their second album Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Joyful and triumphant!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How bizarre. I've literally just been listening to their "It's great when you're straight yeah" album on my ipod - finished 5 minutes ago.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I actually put that album on my iphone two days ago and listened to it at the gym yesterday for the first time in years, how bizarre.

I remember seeing them live at the Event and it was a brilliant evening the crowd went absolutely mental.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
How bizarre. I've literally just been listening to their "It's great when you're straight yeah" album on my ipod - finished 5 minutes ago.

!!!!! I was listening to Kelly's Hero and shake your money on the train this very morning !!!!!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I had to look after Shaun Ryder for a couple of days last year. Definitely interesting. Have a feeling he'll be about as coherent on stage as Ian Brown, but less theatrical.

Hes more coherent now than he has been for years beleive me. Granted that not saying much....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Cheers for the heads up TM.

If they do play Brighton, please dear God let it be the Dome. The Black Grape gig at the Bton Centre was awful (mind you Bez wasn't there).

Does anyone else remember the Black Grape gig at the Event 2 back in 96? The Mighty Kalyphs supported. It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Cheers for the heads up TM.

If they do play Brighton, please dear God let it be the Dome. The Black Grape gig at the Bton Centre was awful (mind you Bez wasn't there).

Does anyone else remember the Black Grape gig at the Event 2 back in 96? The Mighty Kalyphs supported. It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

I wouldnt anticipate too many gigs at all never mind one in Brighton. That gig at the centre took place just as things were starting to go awry with the 'beer' again (especially Kermit). Bez probably wont be at this one either, he hasnt been with Mondays since the summer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That gig at the Brighton Centre was a classic! Can't remember where Bez was, but he wasn't there. And Kermit, if memory serves, was half-dead from hepatitis and just out of hospital. But it was a cracker of a night.

Black Grape were an absolute revelation. Just when everybody assumed Shaun Ryder was dead and buried he bounced back and blew us away. FanTASTIC band!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Black Grape have reportedly reunited for their first gig in 12 years.
The group, fronted by Shaun Ryder following his exit from the Happy Mondays, will play London's Coronet Theatre on April 1 as part of the Get Loaded In The Dark event, NME reports.

Got a spare ticket if anyone is interested? About £18 if memory recalls. PM me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here