Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Isn’t this thread about palace and therefore invites palace fans to comment on it? That’s not really trolling is it ?

Being a palace fan who enjoys the banter I only comment on football on threads about palace.
I agree with your first sentence and yourself and Mr Putdown are examples of good posters who are here rain or shine and seem decent guys. He won't remember but I actually met Mr Putdown on the first sponsored NSC game.
The two I am talking about invariably just turn up during the better times and, as Stat Brother has previously said, just chuck in a hand grenade to stir things up and disappear again. That's on top of the tenuous racist accusations towards NSC members and a homophobic signature by one of them. There is no conversation just trolling.
BHA fans on here have been banned for trolling for far less, especially by one particular moderator, but these two are constantly tolerated despite many calls for them to be removed which is suspicious in my opinion.
If the situation was reversed they wouldn't be tolerated on your own forum.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I agree with your first sentence and yourself and Mr Putdown are examples of good posters who are here rain or shine and seem decent guys. He won't remember but I actually met Mr Putdown on the first sponsored NSC game.

Thank you, that’s appreciated.

I remember it well, have you changed your username since then?

Wasn’t that back before this version of NSC?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The two I am talking about invariably just turn up during the better times and, as Stat Brother has previously said, just chuck in a hand grenade to stir things up and disappear again. That's on top of the tenuous racist accusations towards NSC members and a homophobic signature by one of them. There is no conversation just trolling.
BHA fans on here have been banned for trolling for far less, especially by one particular moderator, but these two are constantly tolerated despite many calls for them to be removed which is suspicious in my opinion.
If the situation was reversed they wouldn't be tolerated on your own forum.

In all fairness if "Dumb & Dumber" didn't pitch up occasionally on this thread (Not Loz or Mr Putdown), it would be boring and wouldn't have reached nearly 4000 posts. Dumb & Dumber do come in and stir but it's not like they leave as winners. They just keep letting it bounce whenever they reply! :dunky::

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Thank you, that’s appreciated.

I remember it well, have you changed your username since then?

Wasn’t that back before this version of NSC?
I was rool back then.
I changed my username because my social media content was being monitored during a difficult personal time and being used against me. Thankfully that's all in the past now so I feel safe enough to declare it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I see Desparate Tim has to bounce his own thread now.
Great thread btw :rolleyes:

To be clear I was commenting on your non-existent new stand, but hey, see it as you will.

Personally, I like the thread and the interaction it allows with some of the more reasonable and intelligent Palace fans; and you.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
While you're here, how's the new stand going?

View attachment 142358

Started in 2018....

Here's one , also in London, that was started in 2019 and is nearly finished.

fulhamfc1.jpg

See it can be done !

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
To be clear I was commenting on your non-existent new stand, but hey, see it as you will.

Personally, I like the thread and the interaction it allows with some of the more reasonable and intelligent Palace fans; and you.

Very good Tim.
I’m sure you appreciate a Palace fan taking the piss, on a piss taking Palace thread.
I really don’t understand why some on this thread get so irate and run screaming to the nearest moderator, insisting on a ban ? Can’t you just stay away from the thread ?
How do they manage to get through the day ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Very good Tim.
I’m sure you appreciate a Palace fan taking the piss, on a piss taking Palace thread.
I really don’t understand why some on this thread get so irate and run screaming to the nearest moderator, insisting on a ban ? Can’t you just stay away from the thread ?
How do they manage to get through the day ?

postcode pikey! you must've had an upturn in results! i gotta ask, have you seriously got nothing better to do? your whiny, snidey little comments are anathema to me. i don't know anyone like you, so you interest me. please tell me why you waste so much of your life on here? how much joy does it bring you? and how?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
This comment I have just seen on the BBS

There is a certain club on the south coast who think their ground is more important than points on the board.

Since Tony Bloom took over he has taken us from a relegation battle in league 1 to staying in the top flight for the longest time in our history, Taken every other team we have ( U23, U18 Women, being one of the only teams to have a top girls academy and our disabled team) to the top level it can play at, and kept it there. How on earth is that the club thinking the ground is more important than points on the board? If he means the fans, then is there anyone on here that believes that?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
It's a good debate. I have Friends who are Palace fans who think that results is the only thing that matters. It's a good debate, when I rib them about the state of Selhurst, Foreign owners ( who don't give a damn about Palace apart from making money) and Parish taking a 1.5 million salary, they seriously don't care, it's their mindset. Think to be honest they are not a community club like ours, where the club is more important to the area of Sussex than just football. That is not a criticism, it's an observation and there are many clubs like that. Think if they went through what we went through they would probably change their views and before they come back with the fact they had 2 admins, that was their own fault of overspending and they benefited big time both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It's a good debate. I have Friends who are Palace fans who think that results is the only thing that matters. It's a good debate, when I rib them about the state of Selhurst, Foreign owners ( who don't give a damn about Palace apart from making money) and Parish taking a 1.5 million salary, they seriously don't care, it's their mindset. Think to be honest they are not a community club like ours, where the club is more important to the area of Sussex than just football. That is not a criticism, it's an observation and there are many clubs like that. Think if they went through what we went through they would probably change their views and before they come back with the fact they had 2 admins, that was their own fault of overspending and they benefited big time both times.

I think our club think the facilities are important, but so is playing as high up the leagues as we can, that is why when I see comments like that, I just tend to think that the person who wrote it doesn't understand how we are run. I most definitely dont think we think the stadium is more important than what we do on the pitch,in fact I would go as far as to say no other club as a whole (not just the mens team) has put more importance on what happens on the pitch than us.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I imagine most fans of all clubs think of there club being a community club, because we hear and see what they are doing for the local area….Palace are very much a community club as probably BHA are as well.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think our club think the facilities are important, but so is playing as high up the leagues as we can, that is why when I see comments like that, I just tend to think that the person who wrote it doesn't understand how we are run. I most definitely dont think we think the stadium is more important than what we do on the pitch,in fact I would go as far as to say no other club as a whole (not just the mens team) has put more importance on what happens on the pitch than us.
I guess when a club has gone through a period of not having a ground or physical focal point it is always going to mean that bit more when they get one.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I imagine most fans of all clubs think of there club being a community club, because we hear and see what they are doing for the local area….Palace are very much a community club as probably BHA are as well.

Fair point, but without trying to try and say 'our club is better in community than yours' think the facts that we have over 800 people involved with the AITC and win awards annually. Also Amex put a lot of money in and the whole sponsorship deal is based on the community Involvement. I am sure Palace do a lot for the community and would not knock it, but the Albion is on a different level to most clubs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I'd agree most clubs are, the difference with Albion is it's recognised, by awards, by the footballing governing bodies and national organisations; they are often lauded in the national and sporting media for this too.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This comment I have just seen on the BBS

There is a certain club on the south coast who think their ground is more important than points on the board.

Since Tony Bloom took over he has taken us from a relegation battle in league 1 to staying in the top flight for the longest time in our history, Taken every other team we have ( U23, U18 Women, being one of the only teams to have a top girls academy and our disabled team) to the top level it can play at, and kept it there. How on earth is that the club thinking the ground is more important than points on the board? If he means the fans, then is there anyone on here that believes that?

For us, the ground is more important than points on the board. If we have a ground, then we can go and watch our team, which we would do whatever the results and whatever the division. For a good percentage of Palace fans, if they don't have the points to stay in the EPL, it won't matter if they don't have a ground either, as they wouldn't be going there anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here