Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
My concern for you, with CG, is a Chelsea recall, not sure if they can do this, but with clubs punting in offers for him, I guess so? On Mr Tumble, he's been well and truly rumbled, my take is he's frustrated in the latter part of his career and maybe feels he hasn't exploited his potential and that's starting to come across more and more with his petulance. Players have picked up on this and wind him up for fun. No doubt a good player, but I just feel he could've achieved more.

It’s a season loan he can’t be called back, and if he could be who in the Chelsea team would he replace ? Would he want to go back to sit on the bench anyway?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It’s a season loan he can’t be called back, and if he could be who in the Chelsea team would he replace ? Would he want to go back to sit on the bench anyway?

Do you know for certain that Chelsea haven't put a re-call clause in the loan contract? If they have put it in then Gallagher wouldn't have much choice about going back if Chelsea want to re-call him.

Edit - seen from other posts suggested he could only be re-called if he'd played under a certain amount of games. If that is the case it works out well for Palace as he'd be a big loss for the second half of the season.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I agree that it should be a good game. Palace are a different team altogether under PV. I can see Viera sidelining Zaha.
On the Connor Gallagher front I saw on the BBC site (rumour only) that PSG were interested in signing him for £50m from Chelsea in this window. Maybe it can't happen until the end of the season. Depends on the loan contract I guess.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Schlupp is not going.

We have just played West Ham, Millwall is the real Derby and I think we have enough. The Brighton game is a rivalry and I think should be a good game as we are both playing well at the moment.

Ah fair enough, must have been an old article I read. Should be a decent game though. Of late, I have to say Palace look slightly more coherent without Zaha as they don't now seem to be waiting for him and him alone to make something happen. Looking forward to it

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I was thinking more if they got an offer for him they couldn't or chose not to refuse? He's had six months in the window and PSG and others are sniffing around, up his wages, go somewhere and back out to someone else on loan or break the first team.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I was thinking more if they got an offer for him they couldn't or chose not to refuse? He's had six months in the window and PSG and others are sniffing around, up his wages, go somewhere and back out to someone else on loan or break the first team.

Well yes but isn’t this the same with any player on loan or owned… wan - Bissaka or Ben White, shone all but briefly at both our clubs and soon went when the big guns came calling.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Where?

Where.png

Where?

Where.png

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well yes but isn’t this the same with any player on loan or owned… wan - Bissaka or Ben White, shone all but briefly at both our clubs and soon went when the big guns came calling.

Sort of, I just wondered whether, or not, he could be sold mid-loan, I don't know what the rules are of whether it's each case on its' merit. i.e. if a clause is in the loan agreement he could be sold in Jan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whats with the Aaron Ramsey link? Do Palace actually need him? Obviously there is Viera, but they are fairly well stocked in that position? And big risk + wages outlay for a short term loan?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Palace strike me as a club that appears to have an irrational fear of missing out when it comes to players, i.e. there's a player that we don't, necessarily, need but I don't want someone else having him.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They seem supremely confident for this forthcoming fixture with some pleased that Mr Tumble is away at AFCON.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They seem supremely confident for this forthcoming fixture with some pleased that Mr Tumble is away at AFCON.

In fairness they are playing well at the moment and Zaha is now surplus to requirements, they have reason to be confident. We also have reasons to be confident. This has the potential to be a pretty decent game on Friday.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In fairness they are playing well at the moment and Zaha is now surplus to requirements, they have reason to be confident. We also have reasons to be confident. This has the potential to be a pretty decent game on Friday.

I would be feeling pretty confident if I was them too.
Their record against Potter is excellent. 3 draws, 2 wins (both at the Amex).

Potter needs to start turning it around. if he wants to be considered in the same league as Chrissy Hughts, when it comes to this fixture.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
They have Olise and Gallagher both on top form so will be feeling very confident. The latter bossed our game earlier in the season and we will have to find a way to do better this time out. Cant say I ever feel confident going into this one.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have just beaten Brentford, drew at Chelsea (and outplayed them), won at Goodson, then got past WBA with a weakened lineup. We should be very confident we can beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We have just beaten Brentford, drew at Chelsea (and outplayed them), won at Goodson, then got past WBA with a weakened lineup. We should be very confident we can beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Form really counts for nothing in these games, and we have frequently seen one team batter the other all match and end up with nothing.

Whilst all the players understand that this is a big game for the fans, IMO only Zaha and Dunk really feel the same ( maybe Solly)and so I think that extra on pitch fervour that they instil in their team mates will be missing

Both teams have played excellent football this season, and both are in pretty good form so it would be hard to predict the result. Both teams are missing previously crucial players however Zaha isn't the driving force and talisman he once was and our defence looks a lot stronger than many expected without Dunk .

If both teams play to their potential I think Brighton will win, but I am certainly not going to bet the house on it

If both teams go out to win it from the start it has the potential to be a really good match,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here