Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Right Dappy, you mean...?

Shutterstock_1060878aj.jpg
It's the snowman I feel sorry for.

(I wonder what Dapso did with the carrott? Is he saying 'I left it over there'?)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Getting back on track, we SHOULD grab three points on Sunday whereas our "friends" up the road are likely to fail against mediocre opposition, that should start the wedge of points between us. Oh, and the couple of Palace fans messaging me about losing to AEK, just think about it, for one minute.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not just saying it cos it’s them but this franchise fc owe me 50 mins of my life back.

Thought I’d tune in to second half as like having a team to support. Negative doesn’t even do them justice. Everyone behind ball and hoof long. Hope for luck or set piece. Luxury Eze the only footballer they seem to have.

Of course this lack of ambition gets results sometimes and frustrates actual football teams but my word imagine paying for that shit.

The gap is growing (rightfully) by the month in every possible department. I can’t think of anything they’re ahead of us on now. Fulham outsang them too 🤣

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thought I’d tune in to second half as like having a team to support. Negative doesn’t even do them justice. Everyone behind ball and hoof long. Hope for luck or set piece. Luxury Eze the only footballer they seem to have.

I had the match on whilst doing chores and the thought struck me: what is the Palace way of playing? Is there a “RoyBall” style of play? It just seemed like a bunch of, admittedly decent, players running around.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I had the match on whilst doing chores and the thought struck me: what is the Palace way of playing? Is there a “RoyBall” style of play? It just seemed like a bunch of, admittedly decent, players running around.
Decent for what level? None of them are premier league footballers bar Eze. Painful, still feel a bit sick. No wonder so many go to Dulwich now - empty seats and not sold out showed that.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Decent for what level? None of them are premier league footballers bar Eze. Painful, still feel a bit sick. No wonder so many go to Dulwich now - empty seats and not sold out showed that.
Dulwich is the bigger draw for a spectator to go and watch for sure and will probably stay that way until Crapillo Palace decide to go back to selling tickets on Groupon, and offering attendees a free packet of crisps and a mars bar included.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not just saying it cos it’s them but this franchise fc owe me 50 mins of my life back.

Of course this lack of ambition gets results sometimes and frustrates actual football teams but my word imagine paying for that shit.

The gap is growing (rightfully) by the month in every possible department. I can’t think of anything they’re ahead of us on now. Fulham outsang them too 🤣
Eze's contract ends in 2025, apparently he is in renewal talks.
Palace wanted £70m when City came calling, which effectively blocked a move.
Can see the Olise and Eze renewals using up all the freed-up wages following Wilf's departure.

Both decent players, but the wages they pay has always been the reason they can't improve the squad.
Palace's approach to player retention is a big part of the reason the gap is growing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Eze's contract ends in 2025, apparently he is in renewal talks.
Palace wanted £70m when City came calling, which effectively blocked a move.
Can see the Olise and Eze renewals using up all the freed-up wages following Wilf's departure.

Both decent players, but the wages they pay has always been the reason they can't improve the squad.
Palace's approach to player retention is a big part of the reason the gap is growing.
Yes they do seem to keep players longer than us but that’s from poor business decisions. As I say, behind us on absolutely everything, and they’re a premier league team (somehow) - can see why it grates them everyday at the moment 🤣🤪

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Decent for what level? None of them are premier league footballers bar Eze.
I think you are being a bit generous there Sheebo,
I'd possibly consider Guéhi as a squad rotation player, but that's about all.

Joel Ward is stealing a living, he'll be back at Pompey next season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you are being a bit generous there Sheebo,
I'd possibly consider Guéhi as a squad rotation player, but that's about all.

Joel Ward is stealing a living, he'll be back at Pompey next season.
Difficult to tell if their defenders can play football as they’re usually in a line on the pen area! Love the difference - pupils and teachers eh 🤣

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... and strangely quiet on here at the moment?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ooops - 2 more points - 5 games 7 points

MIND THE GAP MIND THE GAP CRYSTAL PALACE 🤣

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well when the dream fades and we begin our decline at least we will get to come back to this old rivalry which seems almost as dead these days as the Orient or Chesterfield ones became.
Well for me I can start to relish the demise of what I class as my real hate team, and forget the sort of forced rivalry of palace / Brighton. ( he says through gritted teeth while having his tongue firmly in his cheek )

Chelsea , a team / fans and owners that by rights should be everyone’s hate team , a club with no redeeming features. I can talk football with most fans but if I hear a Chelsea fan talk about football I walk away.

I don’t think any FOOTBALL fan can begrudge what Brighton have accomplished, it may stick in the craw but is undoubtedly pretty impressive.

And as for yesterday game v Fulham, IMHO both teams should have a point deduction for wasting 6 hours of my day a sunny day to watch two fat bald men fight over a comb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here