Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
How about both Dunk and Anderson are good players and both sets of fans are happy to have them play for their club.

Does that placate both sides of the silly argument?

I personally like vanilla Ice cream but Mrs Loz prefers choc Mint, but we dont argue about it....

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
To Be honest, think we need to leave him alone, think he may have some issues, let post his stuff and let's just ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Just because i don't agree with your rose tinted Brighton opinions doesn't mean I have 'issues', pretty rude thing to say tbh.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
How about both Dunk and Anderson are good players and both sets of fans are happy to have them play for their club.

I personally like vanilla Ice cream but Mrs Loz prefers choc Mint, but we dont argue about it....

Think that's better. Find it strange that when we have players with CL and international Experience your friend thinks that a player without any Premier league games is better.
But now a player who was part of one of the worst defence in the league last year is better than Dunk and Webster? Facts don't lie I am afraid.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For a second or two I thought of posting some clips of Andersen ball-watching, missing headers and being out-run and out-thought in Fulham games against the colossal talents of Burnley and Southampton last season, but what would be the point in wasting my time? I'm sure you could find some instances of errors by Dunk and Webster to match them. All defenders mess up at times, it goes with the job. We see all the good things Dunk does, you naturally only look for the bad.

So let's be reasonable and honest here. Andersen is a good player, no doubt, possibly as good as Webster. But as good as Dunk? Sorry, not a chance.

centrebacks.png

Yeah this.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Wow. Just because i don't agree with your rose tinted Brighton opinions doesn't mean I have 'issues', pretty rude thing to say tbh.

I think your 'issues' are delusion, nothing else, even agreed by Palace mates who think you are a Brighton fan on a wind up.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No, we think you have issues because of the tripe coming out your mouth.

You're either thick as mince or on a wind up or both.

Which is it?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I believe Andersen, who has played CL and international football and was brilliant last season for Fulham, is better than both Dunk and Webster.

Of course you do... And Zaha is better than Ronaldo and Messi...

can someone ban this clown...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
All these top class players yet you finished 16th last season? Something's amiss here.

Yeah, we didn't put the ball in the back of the net enough times to beat some of the teams in games we dominated, especially those around us in the bottom 7 (Newcastle apart).

We are all well aware of the deficiencies in our team and why many on here are desperate that we try and sign another striker.

If our forwards were as clinical at finishing as yours were in taking their limited changes we would have finished around top 10, we had a really solid defence, created a lot of chances, but didn't take them.

With a bit more skill/luck in front of goal, keeping some of our key players fit, and adding a bit more quality we will hopefully do better.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

May I respectfully suggest that you divorce that ABSOLUTE HEATHEN.

Mint and chocolate is an abomination

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
May I respectfully suggest that you divorce that ABSOLUTE HEATHEN.

Mint and chocolate is an abomination

Agreed, all about Pistachio. Mint and chocolate is so common and a classic caravan dessert :lolol:

Just joshing [MENTION=13734]loz[/MENTION]

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Agreed, all about Pistachio. Mint and chocolate is so common and a classic caravan dessert :lolol:

Just joshing [MENTION=13734]loz[/MENTION]

Toothpaste or chewing gum thats it, mint should not be allowed near Chocolate or peas...the fact people use it in both mentioned shows its the devils work.

Anyway I digress....carry on the my daddy is bigger than your daddy type argument.

But lets not forget the thread title.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Toothpaste or chewing gum thats it, mint should not be allowed near Chocolate or peas...the fact people use it in both mentioned shows its the devils work.

Anyway I digress....carry on the my daddy is bigger than your daddy type argument.

But lets not forget the thread title.

Unfortunately, it's your young associate that keeps dragging the arguments back to "My Dad's bigger than yours".

Back on topic, I think we can all agree that this will be Palace's most challenging season since the FDB appointment.
We have a head start for once, with a settled manager and squad - hopefully this is the year we can finally finish above you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
genuine question, are you on the spectrum?

My son is and he used to get his kicks from trolling just to get a reaction.
Really stupid comments just to provoke a response.
He grew out of it eventually ( thank god!)

Not 'grew out' but changed his behaviour, which probably indicates insight. Some people on the spectrum can learn all sorts - how to not wind people up, how to feign empathy to the point is becauses almost real. And most people who are functional and on the spectrum don't know they are on the spectrum. What constitutes function is, however, a moot point.

I suspect the mods will have to consider changing their approach at some point. To me trolling includes repeatedly starting (or wading into) threads in a manner designed to upset (and I mean upset) people with different views (and this is not always a conscious act). I suspect they are largely tolerated by the custodians of NSC owing to a 'free speech' argument. I have reported the odd thing and been told that it may be offensive but it isn't abusive.

It is hard to 'prove' someone has an agenda and that the agenda is inappropriate for a football forum, hence the continued presence of the three musketweirds and others. The context of the posts is the giveaway, revealing the apparent motive. However any of you with a science training will know you can't argue motive. The weirdos will (rightly) come back with 'you're only saying that because you're a sad old lefty who can't get over Brexit and the fact that the great Boris is a serial winner'. This area of turbulence is one of the more interesting parts of NSC and one of the most difficult to curate.

Back to the OP, either a Palace troll or someone with issues, or not. (How) will we ever know?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I believe Andersen, who has played CL and international football and was brilliant last season for Fulham, is better than both Dunk and Webster.

Personally, I don’t think he’s even better than Cahill.
I think you will miss him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Back to the OP, either a Palace troll or someone with issues, or not. (How) will we ever know?

I just felt it was worth asking the question, as his(?) responses are clearly not about progressing a debate, but just eliciting the same response.
I recognised the pattern from my son's troubles with social media and the like.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
What is their biggest fear right now? Losing to us, finishing below us, being relegated, yet another administration? Maybe it is Viera not working out or the new team not gelling quickly, or is it that Zaha might escape their clutches once more?

I mean they probably have many fears, but which is their biggest?

For balance I feel our fears are relegation (like most teams in EPL), losing Bissouma or our strikers being no better than last season.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Unfortunately, it's your young associate that keeps dragging the arguments back to "My Dad's bigger than yours".

Back on topic, I think we can all agree that this will be Palace's most challenging season since the FDB appointment.
We have a head start for once, with a settled manager and squad - hopefully this is the year we can finally finish above you.

I totally agree, but I feel more optimistic than I did 1 month ago and more excited for the upcoming season than this time last year.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What is their biggest fear right now? Losing to us, finishing below us, being relegated, yet another administration? Maybe it is Viera not working out or the new team not gelling quickly, or is it that Zaha might escape their clutches once more?

I mean they probably have many fears, but which is their biggest?

For balance I feel our fears are relegation (like most teams in EPL), losing Bissouma or our strikers being no better than last season.

I would imagine, that unlike us, they have become accustomed to getting away with it and they don't really have the same level of trepidation than we do.
They have spent many more weeks in the relegation zone than us and yet to finish lower than us.

I remember some weird stat that in 2016 they had the lowest points per game in the calendar year and we had the highest.
They of course escaped relegation in the two seasons that spanned 2016 and we missed out on promotion in the first season by a gnats' whisker.
They started the 17/18 season with 7 losses and still managed to overtake us and finish comfortably clear of relegation.

Somehow, they seem to come up smelling of roses, time and time again.

I think long term injuries are their biggest fear. They have a small squad and will be dependant on a core of first team regulars,
If Zaha were to get crocked early in the season, their attack would begin to look very weak.

He has been the main differentiator and has a very good injury record. just 35 games missed in 7 seasons.
That is as important a factor as his undoubted ability. Pretty rare for a player of his attributes too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here