Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s return?

Return of Potter

• Total voters

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yep shame he couldn’t replicate that transformation with our other wingers this season
What is your point? You mean the two good ones who got injured and replaced by...er...one winger who isn't up to it yet?

Yeah ok. Let's have Davey Propper playing right wing instead. Happy f***ing days.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What is your point? You mean the two good ones who got injured and replaced by...er...one winger who isn't up to it yet?

Yeah ok. Let's have Davey Propper playing right wing instead. Happy f***ing days.
You said Potter didn’t get the best out of any of the current squad he had, I’m saying Roberto hasn’t got the best out of a lot of the fit players he’s had - that’s all

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One area, when everyone’s fit, where the Albion have an embarrassment of riches is on the wings. Bringing back Potter and his phobia of wing play would be to throw all of that straight in the bin. And a sure fire way to piss off and force out Mitoma and others.

I really can’t believe we’re having this conversation still. There are many more negatives than positives, and who’s to say he won’t just do a runner again the next time a big club bat their eyelashes at him? He’s yesterday’s man, leave him there.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
One area, when everyone’s fit, where the Albion have an embarrassment of riches is on the wings. Bringing back Potter and his phobia of wing play would be to throw all of that straight in the bin. And a sure fire way to piss off and force out Mitoma and others.

I really can’t believe we’re having this conversation still. There are many more negatives than positives, and who’s to say he won’t just do a runner again the next time a big club bat their eyelashes at him? He’s yesterday’s man, leave him there.
Arguably, a big part of the reason for our second half season slump, was because our best wingers were injured.

Good chance Mitoma leaves this summer anyway, Solly was fantastic under GP before his injury.

Also, maybe that change in style would be a good thing for others likes of Enciso and Buonanotte. Certainly suit our defenders better - look at Veltman and Webster’s struggles under RDZ

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'm sure he would do a good job in the long term, if given a chance. But if results didn't start coming fairly quickly, fans would jump on him, far quicker than a new coach. Whoever the coach is, I think next year will need some rebuilding and we might need patience. For that reason, I think it would be a bad idea to take Potter back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here