Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet still on Wolves radar...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I quite agree, I don't think any of the four managers in that article would consider Wolves.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How the hell can they assume they have the pick of other clubs managers in the same division as them? :facepalm:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:lolol:

They're deluded if they think Poyet will go there, we're a bigger club than Wolves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that they are talking about coming back could quite easily mean that Gus was not THAT dismissive last time they came calling imo.

I'm waiting for a decent Brighton manager to actually come out and say " I love this club and I want to take it as far as I can". Gus makes me feel uneasy about his commitment to us if something that he perceives to be just a little bit better comes along. Maybe it's just me but I think we are now big enough and with enough facilities to demand that our manager should not be hanging what sometimes appear to be a come and get me signs. I felt the same way about MA prostituting himself but in fairness to him we didn't have much of an infrastructure then.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The fact that they are talking about coming back could quite easily mean that Gus was not THAT dismissive last time they came calling imo.

I'm waiting for a decent Brighton manager to actually come out and say " I love this club and I want to take it as far as I can". Gus makes me feel uneasy about his commitment to us if something that he perceives to be just a little bit better comes along. Maybe it's just me but I think we are now big enough and with enough facilities to demand that our manager should not be hanging what sometimes appear to be a come and get me signs. I felt the same way about MA prostituting himself.

I've lost count the number of times he's said that.

Why should he need to say it more than once?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've lost count the number of times he's said that.

Why should he need to say it more than once?

Has he just said he'd like the Chelsea job just the once then? Why does he keep the love affair alive by spouting off at every opportunity. It may just be me but I think he could stand off with the Chelsea and SSN stuff now, ( not that that is relevant to this thread)

I think Abramovich knows he wants the job, so he should just let it go until such time as he's offered it. I hope he never is :smile:

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Has he just said he'd like the Chelsea job just the once then? Why does he keep the love affair alive by spouting off at every opportunity. It may just be me but I think he could stand off with the Chelsea and SSN stuff now, ( not that that is relevant to this thread)

I think Abramovich knows he wants the job, so he should just let it go until such time as he's offered it. I hope he never is :smile:

Quite.

It's only because some muppet of a reporter keeps asking him about it. His stance is noted and understood. It may not be conducive to longevity here, but is anyone actually expecting a 25-year career for him here? It's actually boring rather than worrying.

Similarly, if fans want to keep asking him about being here, he is going to give the same answer as he has already given.

To make a statement purely for platitudes is meaningless.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Although their main target is Solskjaer, according to the local rag:

"Among those Morgan is expected to consider in the summer are Brighton boss Gus Poyet, Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman – a former Wolves striker – and Burnley’s Eddie Howe."

Solskjaer may fit the bill for Wolves: Express and Star
A bit of supporter placation going on here I believe. I'd be getting a bit twitchy if I was a Wolverhampton fan just now.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Laughable. Who the hell are Wolves anyway? That team who won the JPT equivalent back in 1988 that's who!

:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
after the way they dumped McCarthy, i can only see a manager with nothing to lose going there. new manager or one with poor current budget wanting to stretch their wings. i cant see Gus being interested, he has everything he wants here (for now).

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gus said he wasn't involved in any discussions at all.

So he may in fact be interested, so can't blame them coming back and I wouldn't be as confident as most on this thread that he wouldn't go tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here