Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Never mind players, they urgently need some sun cream this summer with those hairlines (or lack thereof)
Lost his bearings in this one….or dropping a hint should he get sacked

IMG_1691.jpeg

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Last time we sacked a manager who fell out with the chairman, we ended up appointing Hyypia and nearly getting relegated.

I trust TB has learnt a lot in the last ten years.
This was my point about them replacing then manager, From all the manager's i've seen our fans link us with, I would of kept roberto.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Guess what though, It takes huge investment to do well in the premier league, You can't do that with a bunch of players that are just finished breast feeding before they get harvested for profit.
What? We’re a solid mid-table side who have Under-Performed (despite crippling injuries). That’s down to the coach.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Guess what though, It takes huge investment to do well in the premier league, You can't do that with a bunch of players that are just finished breast feeding before they get harvested for profit.

Like we have in the most successful period of our long proud history :facepalm:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Disappointed with how this has all ended.

I think a wavering of our policy would have been worth it.

He is the most passionate and exciting manager we have ever had. He could have developed a plan B and managed 11th place in such unique circumstances.

Dangerous decision by the club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

He is the most passionate and exciting manager we have ever had. He could have developed a plan B and managed 11th place in such unique circumstances.

Wasn't the policy wavered to allow de Zerbi to get who he wanted - Dahoud and Fati perhaps? - in, then? Many of us think it possibly was - and that it didn't go well!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Wasn't the policy wavered to allow de Zerbi to get who he wanted - Dahoud and Fati perhaps? - in, then? Many of us think it possibly was - and that it didn't go well!
Think it’s more volume based

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game......​

.........and in retrospect, after that match, perhaps it would have been better if he'd gone a day earlier, before today's game!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

The wavering got us players that did not fit. Boehly’s f***ing nutcase pursuit of Caicedo derailed this season: £115m is more than the construction cost of the Amex btw. The world’s full of f***ing compromise

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Well they've come to an end , he won't sign a new contract and they clearly disagree with the squad building approach and perhaps there's no longer shared expectations as to performance and definitely some aspacts of his behaviour (expressing those grievances in public) etc.
Whats in it for him is that its now obvious to suitors (if it wasn't before) that he's available , there's no release clause so moving on is easier - if thats what he wants. I imagine, unlike Potter, he's not looking to spend anytime outside of football.

But If he was sacked then they would have had to pay out a substantial exit fee direct to Zerbi and his team, he wouldn't be lining up this afternoon and would already be a plan back to Italy.

And clearly they still mutually respect each other. Its all a very grown up D.I.V.O.R.C.E for the kids. Please respect our privacy at this time.
I’ve seen that even though he’s left by way of mutual consent there is still a clause in his contract that a club looking to recruit him will have to compensate us. Fabrizio I think….( yeah I know). But this seems to be realistic. We won’t get £12m but I expect we’d get something.
Stops his departure by ‘mutual consent’ and then him being Bayern Munich manager the next day without us getting anything.
I expect this clause is time bound. Ie after say three months it doesn’t apply.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Look, he’s gone because

A) he didn’t fit Tony’s strategy
B) he made it abundantly clear he was interested in offers
C) he was unable to come up with a plan b
D) results were rubbish in 2024 - he was unable to get our team scoring goals

These are all good reasons to get rid.

Injuries, signing players, investing in the women’s team (which is just the most ridiculous link) had nothing to do with our inability to kick on.

He’s gone. Move on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What? We’re a solid mid-table side who have Under-Performed (despite crippling injuries). That’s down to the coach.

Our centre midfield is shit, whoever the manager is. A collection of incredibly slow players, with one promising work in progress. Up against 2 or 3 powerhouses every week. At RB, there is no decent cover for Velts.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our centre midfield is shit, whoever the manager is. A collection of incredibly slow players, with one promising work in progress. Up against 2 or 3 powerhouses every week. At RB, there is no decent cover for Velts.
Totally agree. Baleba needs time, Gross is wonderful if played further forward, Gilmour if we're in control, however we lack the movement back to front.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally agree. Baleba needs time, Gross is wonderful if played further forward, Gilmour if we're in control, however we lack the movement back to front.

Wharton, Endo, Gross
or
Wharton, Endo, Gilmour

works. Just an example, would’ve cost £34m. Never believe the NSC woefully poor attempt at propaganda “Ah, you want TB to pump in even more of his personal money”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here