Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The table…

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm f***ing livid.

We put out a testimonial team when we needed a win to finish above our rivals.

No place for nicey nicey send offs for the likes of lallana.

RDZ will never succeed in a top job with questionable loyalty to questionable players. I've supported him for the whole time he's been here but now am glad he's gone
Yep,

Not the first time in the last few months I've turned up at the Amex and shaken my head in disbelief at the first eleven selected and known that if we don't score the first goal then it's an another home loss !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
…but!! Their season hasn’t been anywhere near as exciting as ours.

As the song goes “have you ever seen Palace in the Dam?”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep,

Not the first time in the last few months I've turned up at the Amex and shaken my head in disbelief at the first eleven selected and known that if we don't score the first goal then it's an another home loss !

They should be compelled to announce starting XI’s 2 hours pre KO. Saving non-uber supporters like me the trip when the game is thrown.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
They should be compelled to announce starting XI’s 2 hours pre KO. Saving non-uber supporters like me the trip when the game is thrown.
Unfortunately I agree - sometimes I also wish I could have stayed at home and saved myself the misery.

Maybe it will improve and we will get a new manager who puts his best side out everytime its possible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We haven't used a single U-18 player in the first team squad this season.
No, but plenty in the 21s, I think. While a fair number of U21s have been playing in the EFL.

Yeh, yeh, I know, it's about development, not winning matches/cups/leagues.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Pointed out by Aspinall and a caller tonight. We’ve a dearth of quality players age 24 to 28. The quote was something like you don’t PL games with highly talented young players.

CP now have that (age group) in spades.

I wonder if Bloom and Starlizard consider that a key metric?
This was pointed out in the fans forum but Barber spouted out his usual politician bollox about other senior players. The same players who are the wrong side of 30.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It did help that they finished the season against an already knackered Villa side that had probably been on the piss for 4 days. Got them ahead of us. Fair play to Glasner though - he’s got them going now their top players are fit. A bit like us at the start of the season when we could field Mitoma, March and Enciso together.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Had players fit while every every team seemed to be struggling with injuries / fatigue or on the beach / piss.
If they are winning games with the same ease come October / November then they might have something to shout about.

It's gonna be even tougher to compete next season with Chelsea starting to show up, Palace will be challenging for top 7 or 8 as well. United will improve, even the likes of Bournemouth look strong. We played united off the park for 60 mins but look what happened. Our 2nd half form was battling relegation form but, get those injured players back, a few out the door and a few in should keep us vying for top ten hopefully.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
This season:

Us: Marseille, Amsterdam, Athens and Rome.
Them: *hold the line caller*
I wouldn’t really begrudge them a top 6 and Europa adventure if they get the results next season. Everyone should experience it. Fookin’ fantastic. Pinch me stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here