Time for Bennett to end the speculation

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
With all the theories and viewpoints raised on both NSC and Wrath of the Barclay over the last couple of days I think it is time Bennett spoke out and pledged his future to the Albion. As the club recently gave him a 3 and a half year contract he owes it to both TB and Gus as well as the fans. This is assuming that EB wants to stay.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
With all the theories and viewpoints raised on both NSC and Wrath of the Barclay over the last couple of days I think it is time Bennett spoke out and pledged his future to the Albion. As the club recently gave him a 3 and a half year contract he owes it to both TB and Gus as well as the fans. This is assuming that EB wants to stay.

I agree!
He needs to end the speculation.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
More due to the fact an official approach was made cheeky monkey!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He doesn't owe anyone anything.
Players shouldn't have to speak out when another team is watching them.

Fair point but they haven't just been watching him. As posted above they made an official approach.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club have said that they do not welcome the interest could they not go further and say that they have spoken to EB and his wish is........ or would that reduce his value if he said he wants to go to Norwich.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007

Absolute load of bollocks, why should he say anything? West Ham were looking at Dicker a while ago, but I didn't announce it !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
His choice and the clubs, actions speak louder than words and he is playing for us

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he doesn't need to say anything he just needs to get on with training and playing till either a deal is done or the transfer window shuts

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As with all possible transfers I dont want him to go but if he must let it be tomorrow so as to give Gus time to replace him. What I dont want is anybody leaving on the last day of the transfer window

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

Hear Hear, we showed our commitment to you. Elliott show us yours !!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He doesn't owe anyone anything.
Players shouldn't have to speak out when another team is watching them.
This is comical. Bennett pledged his future to the club by singing a new contract. He doesn't have to and, in my view, it wouldn't help matters either way if he did. He is a great player for us at the moment and hopefully will be for years to come but some on here seem to confuse being a player with being a fan. Whether you like it or not, the players are, in the main, just employees of the club. When they move on they become employees of the next club. Now most will play with equal passion for whatever club they play for but as fans, we stay with the same club. If another club make an offer the club 'can't refuse' and allow them to talk to the player then who then is being disloyal? Isn't that what happened with Crofts? Equally, if a club come in and offer silly money to a player then are you going to blame him for taking the chance? If any of us doing our normal jobs were offered to double or triple our salary to do the same job with another company, most of us would jump at the chance ..

The same applies to Gus. He is using us to learn his managerial craft and hopefully the longer that lasts the better. But the fact is that if we are successful, bigger and richer clubs will come after him and one day he will move on.

For what it's worth, I don't see Bennett jumping ship for a couple of thousand more than he is getting because he comes across as being more sincere than the average footballer. Likewise Poyet will stay around. Provided of course we are successful and TB backs that up with investment in players when needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports