Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They are indeed (almost) guaranteed to win but there is no sign of a plan. Looking at the 10 policies posted earlier, they are all good sound bites but supported with few numbers or crucially the policies that will produce the funding required. If this was the Tory top 10 policies, they would rightly get ripped to shreds on here.
Not being the Tories will win them the election and that’s a very good thing, but given the likelihood of a large majority they have the opportunity to offer up a coordinated plan that goes into areas that are necessary for the long term good of the country but will be short term unpopular with many. Instead, they are largely offering more of the same but (hopefully) without the corruption or lies.
I’m not angry, just very disappointed.
You are simply incorrect. There is a plan. There are solid policies . And there is a plan to fund and implement.

Stop being so deliberately lazy and do some research.

Here, I’ll spoon feed you one last time.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You are simply incorrect. There is a plan. There are solid policies . And there is a plan to fund and implement.

I’m not disagreeing with your point per se, but the example you used was a document from almost seven years ago, which talks about numerous points which have been either walked-back or outright scrapped.

I’ll be voting Labour (short of an absolutely insane manifesto, which won’t happen) but they’re playing cards close to chest on lots of issues to be fair. And I don’t blame them. Keep quiet, win comfortably, THEN make policy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m not disagreeing with your point per se, but the example you used was a document from almost seven years ago, which talks about numerous points which have been either walked-back or outright scrapped.

I’ll be voting Labour (short of an absolutely insane manifesto, which won’t happen) but they’re playing cards close to chest on lots of issues to be fair. And I don’t blame them. Keep quiet, win comfortably, THEN make policy.
Ah. Apologies. My mistake. Should be more observant.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

It seems you are giving credence to the idea that a major political party, virtually given a free pass to form the next government have not even thought about what policies they would introduce once the inevitable transfer of power happens? That Kier Starmer would take the podium after his glorious victory and announce "sorry we didn't have a plan, we will go away and think about what to do now, sorry"

Really?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It seems you are giving credence to the idea that a major political party, virtually given a free pass to form the next government have not even thought about what policies they would introduce once the inevitable transfer of power happens? That Kier Starmer would take the podium after his glorious victory and announce "sorry we didn't have a plan, we will go away and think about what to do now, sorry"

Really?
Oh, you again :lol: expecting rdodge and the other one to be along shortly :lol:

Where did I say any of that? Oh, and it’s Keir Starmer who will be the next PM - not Kier.

Re-read my post big boy! :)

abc

Jan 6, 2007

Why do you insist on being so arrogant in your views that you can’t abide anyone having an alternative one? Resorting to insults just compounds.
I do not believe that Labour’s current policy announcements constitutes a ‘plan’ that is going to get the country out of the mess it is in. That is my view. I am not being ‘deliberately lazy’ and I am not ‘simply incorrect’. It is my opinion. You may believe they do but I don’t. Isn’t the point of a thread like this to garner debate?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why do you insist on being so arrogant in your views that you can’t abide anyone having an alternative one? Resorting to insults just compounds.
I do not believe that Labour’s current policy announcements constitutes a ‘plan’ that is going to get the country out of the mess it is in. That is my view. I am not being ‘deliberately lazy’ and I am not ‘simply incorrect’. It is my opinion. You may believe they do but I don’t. Isn’t the point of a thread like this to garner debate?
Apologies for the arrogance. Genuinely. You’re right on that.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Apologies for the arrogance. Genuinely. You’re right on that.
Classy reply.

Moving on the discussion, I like that the core message that has been communicated is a strong one addressing inequality. Surely this is the number one issue to the majority (usually that term in its clinical sense) of Brits.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Classy reply.

Moving on the discussion, I like that the core message that has been communicated is a strong one addressing inequality. Surely this is the number one issue to the majority (usually that term in its clinical sense) of Brits.

I think the intent and this messaging is indeed strong. Agree also agree tackling the extreme level of inequality prevalent now is a top priority. What I am not convinced by is that the genuine desire is accompanied by a sufficiently radical or strong plan to achieve it. This may be, in fairness, that the problems are so deeply imbedded that it is simply going to be a long, hard slog that cannot be turned into a clear plan or it may be that Labour are afraid of being seen as too radical and thus not being elected (as per JC). Either way I will vote labour (or reluctantly LD as the best chance of removing our Tory MP) because I do believe they are our best hope.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Really?
I think @jcdenton08 meant 'reveal' the plans after the election.

That's what I would do.

The more the Tories spaff nonsense, the more I'd step back and raise an eyebrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here