[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
Would now be a good time to suggest to Rishi that we need a government that is going to work to make everyone's lives better ? Not just the little group of racists, or the little group of anti Woke or the right wing papers and their " Opinion " writers...

let's make ordinary people's lives better by giving them rights, a voice, driveable roads, clean rivers and seas, a revamped NHS and, hope. Somehow most of Europe manages to do this, why not us ?
I didn't know most of Europe had an NHS. Tell me more.

Reactions: cjd

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So are (we) going on elect a labour government who have no policies, or a labour government who know that if (we) all knew what their true policies are then they would not be elected?

I think (we) all saw the likelihood of a Labour Government increase today.

As for policies (we) will have to wait for the manifesto and (we) can weigh them up against the Tories.

Reactions: cjd

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't know most of Europe had an NHS. Tell me more.
You can Google the Public Health Service of any country? Or am I missing something?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My question was in response to a previous post which referred to NHS in Europe.
i have reread the “like elsewhere in Europe” post, there are public health services everywhere in Europe, what am I misunderstanding. Am I being whooshed ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So are (we) going on elect a labour government who have no policies, or a labour government who know that if (we) all knew what their true policies are then they would not be elected?
Is one of the policies teaching people how to use parentheses correctly?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They are online for all to see.

Your argument is weak, untrue and rather befitting of the posts you seem to make on here.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
My question was in response to a previous post which referred to NHS in Europe.

So realising that you have no hope of winning the important, substantive point, you instead try to gain a hollow victory of semantics?

Jog on.

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
i have reread the “like elsewhere in Europe” post, there are public health services everywhere in Europe, what am I misunderstanding. Am I being whooshed ?
No, but I think I am.
Crikey, it's tough on here, isn't it?
A poster had listed some things that could be improved, including the NHS. He then said these are better in most of Europe. My response was in respect of the NHS in Europe. Of course, there is healthcare everywhere. What there isn't everywhere, other than in UK, is a NHS.
If, on the other hand, the poster meant that healthcare in Europe is better than in UK, that is altogether a different question....

Blimey, I need to sit down and have a drink now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, but I think I am.
Crikey, it's tough on here, isn't it?
A poster had listed some things that could be improved, including the NHS. He then said these are better in most of Europe. My response was in respect of the NHS in Europe. Of course, there is healthcare everywhere. What there isn't everywhere, other than in UK, is a NHS.
If, on the other hand, the poster meant that healthcare in Europe is better than in UK, that is altogether a different question....

Blimey, I need to sit down and have a drink now.
I guess it depends what is meant by “an NHS”. The NHS is a publicly funded healthcare service. Other counties do of course have these.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
She's a very bad apple. Also, by criticising Starmer's personality, she seems to also have a complete lack of self awareness .
It’s very strange. She is doubling down on such nasty policies that the only people who could like that kind of narrative are Reform or Britain First types. However, they are not listening because she is female and Asian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports