Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sadly it's a paysite so cannot read it.

They allow a certain number of articles a month. I exceeded mine and so refreshed the page and immediately pressed the 'x' on the browser to stop further loading. Took about 10 attempts but in the end I had an article I could read. That method works on loads of sites behind pay-walls.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TB doesn't like the Moneyball comparisons, and even asked for the word to be removed from a certain book about the Albion's promotion to the Premier League. I think he considers his methods more sophisticated than what happened at the Oakland A's, and he's probably right.

That was 20 years ago.

My toaster is now more sophisticated than what Beane and Brandt were working with.

As much as he doesn't like the comparison he can't complain, that much, as it's pretty accurate.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Gutted I've had to cancel our trip again, will try again, bloody covid

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They allow a certain number of articles a month. I exceeded mine and so refreshed the page and immediately pressed the 'x' on the browser to stop further loading. Took about 10 attempts but in the end I had an article I could read. That method works on loads of sites behind pay-walls.
That sounds more of a ball ache than simply opening the article incognito. :shrug:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There is an interesting video here on "The Rise of Royale Union Saint-Gilloise" Tony Bloom's second club.
And there is a strange twist to the end of the Jupiler Pro League that even if they finish with the highest points the points for the top four teams are cut in half.
Then the top four teams play each other twice and the team with the most points wins.

That's really wierd way to work out the champions.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Too right. Essentially, USG need a big lead going into the play-offs, ideally double figures if possible. They’ll then have half of that lead as an advantage at the start of the play-offs. Club Brugge had a 4 point advantage last year but only just scrapped the play-offs as they finished with the same amount of points as another team but got the title on some technicality.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Too right. Essentially, USG need a big lead going into the play-offs, ideally double figures if possible. They’ll then have half of that lead as an advantage at the start of the play-offs. Club Brugge had a 4 point advantage last year but only just scrapped the play-offs as they finished with the same amount of points as another team but got the title on some technicality.

Yes it is a wonky concept and most Belgians really dont like it.

It was created in desperation when many Belgian teams had severe financial problems and the teams were performing very bad results in Europe, so through introducing more high-stake games they hoped to bring in more money and also have the top clubs face high level competition in more games to be more prepared for European competitions.

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008

Worked perfectly, great tip :thumbsup:

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland

I went and did it the easy way and went into settings and blocked JavaScript, refreshed the page and was in. :lolol:

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
But isn't that annoying if you then need to re-enable it?

No, as it only works for that page.
JaveScript.png

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Today's match is a real fogfest, you can barely see the goal or the far side of the pitch.

Edit Seraing 0 - 1 USG Undav 5mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here