Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome. A classic I’ve not read for more than 50 years but it’s still hilarious second time around.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No Fixed Abode - Charlie Carroll

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Sun in my Eyes - Josie Dew

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Started Nick Louth's 'DCI Gillard' series. On book 2, 'The Body on the shore'. Very easy reading. Not yet sure whether I'll plough through the lot.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Light Shining in the Forest - Paul Torday

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
s-l1600.jpg

Acclaimed baseball writer Roger Kahn gives us a memoir of his Brooklyn childhood, a recollection of a life in journalism, and a record of personal acquaintance with the greatest ballplayers of several eras - in a career that encompassed writing about sports for the New York Herald Tribune, Sports Illustrated, the Saturday Evening Post, Esquire, and Time.

Kahn recalls the great personalities of a golden era - Leo Durocher, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Jackie Robinson, and recollects the wittiest lines from forty years in dugouts, press boxes, and newsrooms.

Memories of Summer is an enduring classic about how baseball met literature to the benefit of both.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
View attachment 164088
Acclaimed baseball writer Roger Kahn gives us a memoir of his Brooklyn childhood, a recollection of a life in journalism, and a record of personal acquaintance with the greatest ballplayers of several eras - in a career that encompassed writing about sports for the New York Herald Tribune, Sports Illustrated, the Saturday Evening Post, Esquire, and Time.

Kahn recalls the great personalities of a golden era - Leo Durocher, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Jackie Robinson, and recollects the wittiest lines from forty years in dugouts, press boxes, and newsrooms.

Memories of Summer is an enduring classic about how baseball met literature to the benefit of both.

Would highly recommend Friday Night Lights, quite probably the best sports book I have ever read

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Would highly recommend Friday Night Lights, quite probably the best sports book I have ever read
Well! That's my next two books sorted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Road to Oxiana - Robert Byron

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Killer in the Kremlin Not great.Too much about author and not enough new about Putin. So often just telling us what we know but in more detail

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Follow the Money - Steve Boggan

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Quarter way into ‘Why we kneel How we rise’ by Michael Holding. Enlightening, Alarming and Educational from middle class, comfortably off WM.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Just finished Act of Oblivion by Robert Harris, who wrote Fatherland and others. It's about the pursuit of the people who signed Charles I's death warrant, including a lot in the N American colonies.
5/5

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Eat, Sleep, Cycle - Anna Hughes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here