Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Way to Uni reading : Kevin Pietersen :Crossing the Boundary
Bedtime reading : Wolf of Wall Street
Awayday Reading : Inferno

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pies and Prejudice In Search Of The North by Stuart Maconie

Not too bad but very skewed to the North as you would expect.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Beyond the Chindwin by Bernard Fergusson. Account by one of the column commanders of the first Chindit expedition in Burma in 1943.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just finished "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tart and "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson (am on holiday!) - both excellent books, written with great care, awareness and sensitivity - two authors who plot their stories meticulously and flesh out every detail with incredible vibrancy, depth and proportionality. Both books highly recommended.

Sep 4, 2012
Brighton
Just finishing Lisey's Story by Stephen King. Had it since my wife bought it for me on release in 2006 but after 3 failed attempts at trying to get through the first few chapters I have finally managed to stick with it. Doesn't start paying off until the 350 page mark so one for hardcore King fans only I would suggest.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Just finished 'Infinity welcomes careful drivers' and 'Better than Life' (published together in an omnibus) by Rob Grant and Doug Naylor. Based on the comedy Red Dwarf, these are brilliant books (though I suppose it's better when you know the show) with a great mix of satire, drama and pathos.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
View attachment 52412

200 pages in and this is an excellent read so far. Relating events primarily through one man's experience is very engaging. Not for the feint hearted at almost 800 pages but you could read this with no prior knowledge of the conflict. Also helps that I picked it up for 2 quid second hand. Recommended.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 137

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I guess you probably had to be there, and like that kind of thing, but if you were, and you did, then The Kids Are All Square Medway Punk and Beyond (1977-85) is a grand read.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Cycling is my life, by Tom Simpson.

A story of grit, determination and dedication from a bygone era.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Football Manager Stole my Life by Iain Macintosh, Kenny Millar and Neil White.

Very funny read, though I am concerned by just how much I can relate to some of stories!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just on the last few pages of the Morrissey autobiography- well written and hugely entertaining. The court stuff dragged a bit two thirds in and was an obvious opportunity to put forward his version of events. I don't blame him for that though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here