Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I've just read Brighton Rock. No idea why it's taken me so long to get round to it but it's a marvellous, chilling, read. And there's nothing quite like reading a fictional story where you can envisage almost every single scene and location (even if it is set 80 years ago).

I read this a few months ago. Cracking book, hasn't aged at all. Nice use of Peacehaven.

Currently reading: Dombey & Son - Charles Dickens; just finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles - Agatha Christie. You can't beat a bit of Christie when you're after an easy 1-2 day read.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I read this a few months ago. Cracking book, hasn't aged at all. Nice use of Peacehaven.

Currently reading: Dombey & Son - Charles Dickens; just finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles - Agatha Christie. You can't beat a bit of Christie when you're after an easy 1-2 day read.

There was a Radio 4 book review programme on Agathie Christie on about a year ago. They discussed 'And Then There Were None' which encouraged me to buy it. (Not having read any of her stuff). Was a great read and like you say ideal for 1/2 days.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just got these three out of the library:

Andy Kershaw - No Off Switch
Ernst Junger - Storm of Steel
Chuck Palahniuk - Choke

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just got these three out of the library:

Andy Kershaw - No Off Switch
Ernst Junger - Storm of Steel
Chuck Palahniuk - Choke

Cant beat a bit of Chuck Palahniuk. Choke is a bit odd and slightly disturbing- you will enjoy it.
As for the rules of Fight Club. Rule One......

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Cloud Atlas, but having watched the film, which I enjoyed, I'm not really enjoying it as much as the other way round I.e. reading it 1st. Mind you I may of given up had I read the first few chapters.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Just ordered : Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias [Hardcover] from the Amazon link. The paper back isn't released till September the 28th so had to get hardback which not really keen on plus hardback is £6 dearer.

Signed up to this Amazon month deal where it's delivered the next day so looking forward to the book tomorrow :)

51%2BmB8gGQlL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Needs a bounce as it's the summer

currently reading The Sex Lives of Siamese Twins by Irvine Welsh

few chapters in and definitely different to say the least!!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
The Great Fraud on the Bank of England by David C Hanrahan

(This was in the 19th century.)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Paul Merson, how not to be a footballer. Interesting and honest account of his life as a top paid sportsman whilst at the same time being an alcoholic, drug taking compulsive gambler.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dickies Travel Tips by James Reynolds

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Second Messiah - Glen Meade

Looks good early doors... a bit like a Dan Brown book, with less waffle...

Agent Zig zag - Ben MacIntyre

One from the D Day book recommendations list. Just started it and already agree with the reviews that state that, if it were fiction, you would dismiss it as being too far fetched.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here