Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Just finished Chop Chop by Simon Wroe - brilliantly written, dark, off-the-wall humour. Funniest book I've read in a long time. Highly recommended.

Now moving onto H is for Hawk, not too convinced by this one tbh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr has a thing for David Walliam's books, at bedtime.

We've read a fair few and I've now done a complete U-turn on the man's writing.
It's completely shitehouse, dull, repetitive, derivative and basically padded out pamphlets.

Have started Danny Wallace's latest book with Lil Miss Stat, fingers crossed it's a better read.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
David Baldacci - The Escape

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Picked up this magnificently funny book in a bookshop in Munich central railway station last week, the front cover having jumped clean out of the shelf at me...

9780857052926.jpg

And I quote from the blurb on the back:

"Berlin, Summer 2011. Adolf Hitler wakes up on a patch of open ground, alive and well. Things have changed - no Eva Braun, no Nazi Party, no war. Hitler barely recognises his beloved Fatherland, filled with immigrants and run by a woman.

AND HE'S FÜHRIOUS

People certainly recognise him, albeit as a flawless impersonator who refuses to break character. The unthinkable , the inevitable happens, and the ranting Hitler goes viral, becomes a YouTube star, gets his own TV show, and people begin to listen. But the Führer has another programme with even greater ambition - to set the country he finds a shambles back to rights'

Turns out, according to Wikipedia, the book is a very recent (and very excellent) English translation of a German language one-point-five-million-selling hit novel Er Ist Wieder Da which I'm sure [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] will have already read in the mother tongue. Being a man of letters, I'm sure he will vouch for my recommendation of it being a very very funny read that is well worth seeking out.

The book is currently in the process of being translated into no fewer than 28 languages. Global domination beckons!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Isaac Asimov - Foundation and Earth
I've probably read it before but doesn't ring a bell so far.

Just finished Anathem - Neal Stephenson which was brilliant. Didn't want it to end.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Current footballers are generally not worthy of a book especially English players.

Reading 'I am Zlatan Ibrahimovic' at the moment. He has a story to tell.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
No Safe House - Linwood Barclay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here