Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will light the torch tonight inside the stadium?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's Becks (well thats my guess) as in a interview the other day he said hes got a special role at the start of the Olympics but couldnt say what.

He explicity said he wouldn't do it, I don't think it will be him. Redgrave would be the obvious choice, but would be nice if it was a bit more imaginative, maybe. Wouldn't mind if it was Roger Bannister, personally.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
I've been told it's Lord Bath and Karen Matthews in an homage to Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I've been given some information that I probably shouldn't divulge. The person who has been chosen is quite well known around here, infact I believe he has posted on this forum a few times. He has recently been building up his profile via social media. The person I can exclusively reveal is................

Leon-Knight-006.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thatcher with Blair pushing her wheelchair.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Wouldn't mind if it was Roger Bannister, personally.

Great bloke, but has no olympic medal and wasn't the first person to run a 4 minute mile. (first amateur)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yeah Beckham has said no to any chance of him doing it, said it should be an olympian. Going for Redgrave

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Great bloke, but has no olympic medal and wasn't the first person to run a 4 minute mile. (first amateur)

Who was then ? I know wiki isn't necessarily accurate but ...

"In the sport of athletics, the four-minute mile is the act of completing the mile run (1,760 yards, or 1,609.344 metres) in less than four minutes. It was first achieved in 1954 by Roger Bannister in 3:59.4"

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We need someone who is Biritsh.

Someone that kids and adults recognise.

Someone who is a HERO.

Someone who can be trusted near fire.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

0783_sam_newimage2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here