Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zigor ARANALDE- Chief Scout

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can't believe nobody is concerned that he has no scouting experience, yet he's been made our CHIEF scout.

On a serious note, why does one need experience to be a decent scout? He has played 600+ games all over the shop and is obviously highly regarded by Gus. Gus didn't have any experience as a no.1, Tanno and Oatway didn't have any experience as coaches, but it seems to be going well.

If the management don't agree with his recommendation then so be it. I can't see it doing us much harm, since we have had so much dross recommended to us over the years.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I would imagine that as a chief scout he will go out looking for players who Gus has asked him to watch or searching for a specific position that Gus wants filled.

Once a player has been located and assessed by him I would hope that Gus also goes to have a look at him in action or invites him for a trial before splashing the dosh.

I also think it is important for the Gaffer to go and chat with any potential signings before the Chairman signs them up, He needs to make sure he isn't getting some chump who has an attitude that may cause unrest and that the new signings understand the role that they will be involved with, weather that be a certain starter or someone to keep Gus company on the bench

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
:clap:

Great stuff. 'Flair' aside, the bloke has played enough football, and recently, to know a decent player when he sees one.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
I think Roberto Martinez's friendship with Poyet is playing a bigger part with new faces than we realise. Aranalde was a team mate with Martinez at Walsall, Painter played under Martinez at Swansea and Calderon was known to Martinez too. What next ?, Bauza, Trundle ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here